Simpson & Serioux likely to Millwall

Gian-Luca

A couple of thoughts. I wonder how how these guys got around the work permit requirements whereas others were not able to.

Another thing. This move might make more sense for Serioux than Simpson. If Simpson is as good as some have indicated, then he'd be foolish to accept it. Would he nor be better off staying in NCAA and wait for an offer from a better club who is not in third tier?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of thoughts. I wonder how how these guys got around the work permit requirements whereas others were not able to.

Another thing. This move might make more sense for Serioux than Simpson. If Simpson is as good as some have indicated, then he'd be foolish to accept it. Would he nor be better off staying in NCAA and wait for an offer from a better club who is not in third tier?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Millwall is in the middle of 2nd tier. I think the level is pretty good, though they sure stank in the FA Cup final.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Millwall is in the middle of 2nd tier. I think the level is pretty good, though they sure stank in the FA Cup final.

Well, as they say in the supersizeme land south of us, "I'm from Missouri" (I wonder what the showme equivalent in Canada would be?). This sounds like rampant rumour based on some vague favourable commets from someone within the Milwall organization that were taken out of context. File this under "wild rumour" until there is a substantial link.

Well, as they say in the supersizeme land south of us, "I'm from Missouri" (I wonder what the showme equivalent in Canada would be?). This sounds like rampant rumour based on some vague favourable commets from someone within the Milwall organization that were taken out of context. File this under "wild rumour" until there is a substantial link.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Well, as they say in the supersizeme land south of us, "I'm from Missouri"(I wonder what the showme equivalent in canada would be?). This sounds like rampant rumour based on some vague favourable commets from someone within the Milwall organization that were taken out of context. File this under "wild rumour" until there is a substantial link.

Don't know 'bout the rest of Canader . But in double double land downeast . " 'Magin that " would be the equivalent . I'll throws a toonie ats ya if this piece of gossip works out buuday.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Well, as they say in the supersizeme land south of us, "I'm from Missouri"(I wonder what the showme equivalent in canada would be?). This sounds like rampant rumour based on some vague favourable commets from someone within the Milwall organization that were taken out of context. File this under "wild rumour" until there is a substantial link.

Don't know 'bout the rest of Canader . But in double double land downeast . " 'Magin that " would be the equivalent . I'll throws a toonie ats ya if this piece of gossip works out buuday.

Or, as we like to say out here in the Lower Lotusland (aka "Bancouber" to my latino friends), "The proof is in the pot pipe." Okay, I've never really heard anyone say that, but the proof is indeed in the pot pipe. Fingers are crossed on this one, and I'm not holding my breath--actually, I AM holding my breath, but that is because somebody just handed me a pot pipe--but I will stick to my intitial comment and say that this tournie was a win-win-win.

"But I also have a basic understanding of how these athletes think"

Wow, Joe05, I didn't realise we had in our humble midst a mindreading know-it-all. Your arguments carry so much more weight now on the board. Please disregard all of my previous comments as ignorant and amateurish self-indulgance.

quote:Originally posted by Joe05

Well that's a good point K,because I wasn't at the games. But I also have a basic understanding of how these athletes think, and while I'm sure there was some effort put out, I'm sure Millwall wasn't playing with the same intensity of the FA Cup final or in a league game vs West Ham. These pre-season friendlies don't have the same meaning to the players, so they don't go the extra distance to get the result.

Well, I watched both games. I saw the effort put forth by both visiting teams. Both visiting teams were going full out. Lots of professional fouls lots of bitching at the ref. When Canada tied the game in the 90th minute against Hearts, the players were totally pissed off, calling the goal offside (it wasn't). Don't tell me they weren't playing to win. After the final whistle an obviously upset Hearts player took the game ball and booted it out of the stadium. All of thes things were not the reaction of players who were their just to get fit.

Milwall was much the same. Rough play, trying to show the Canadian they knew how to play the sport. Red card ejection early on in the game for stomping on a Canadian players back, other fouls.

Those teams came to play. Perhaps had they been playing friendlies at home against local opposition they may have taken it easy. They were trying to prove something here, almost as if they thought losing or drawing a Canadian developmental team would be a disgrace.

Cant deny anything codegoat? not even a hint? come on.. just post a smiley face or somthing just so we arnt going nuts over somthing that isnt happening.. LOL cause im sick of being dissapointed.. IM A LEAFS, RAPTORS FAN... AND A LYNX FAN.. i need some hope in life :)

Codegoat: Some of us were wondering whether Josh might qualify for a European Union passport, which would make it easier to play in the UK. Can you tell us if your family has any connection to the UK (or to another EU nation?) Thanks.

Again, I wasn't there. But I still beleive the effort they put out was not on par with their what they would have for a meaningful match. Thats just the nature of athletes. Perhaps saying they didn't give a "hoot" was a bit harsh. I'm sure they wanted to win the game, we all play to win once we get out there. My main point was athletes just don't go the extra mile in preseason as opposed to regular season. If you don't believe me, ask one. And I don't buy into the whole proving something aspect. I didn't see any major reports from the UK websites. Also, no one seems to be panicking from Hearts or Millwall because they failed to beat Canada B. So the results aren't really disgrace worthy. But hey, If your saying the games were that intense, I guess I'm going to have to concede.

Although, here is a link with a Millwall fan's opinion of his team's effort. Notice the line "they just couldn't be arsed". He would also know after watching his team week in, week out, if the performers were going at 100%

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=937&p=16&style=2&forumId=6297&action=1&replytoid=2130325122

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Exactly, K-head. But I guess those kinds of evaluations are hard to make from Moose Jaw or Toronto. Unless, of course, you are a mind-reading know-it-all.

I'm not a mind-reading know-it-all. In fact I'm neither. I can't read minds and I'm not an expert. I'm just a fan with an opinion.

All I did was voice my opinion. That is that a player uncapped at the senior A intl level is IN MY OPINION not ready to start our next World Cup qualifier and it is very difficult to determine how ready they are to steal someone's bench spot when they haven't played competition on par with what any of the other players have seen - and I'm not including Belize in that. I'm counting countries with a bit more skill. Was Belize a good test of their abilities? No. However, everyone who played against Belize has other A intl caps all of them against nations at least as significant as Wales.

Of course I've said as much before, but I'm getting lumped into other comments, because why? Because you're reading my mind to see what I really think? That I really think that Millwall wasn't trying and therefore all those guys were crap? Where did I say that?

I never said Hearts and Millwall weren't trying. I never said the games weren't valuable. I never said Simpson, Serioux, Menezes, Occean, Gervais, Pizzolitto or Reda weren't talented enough to play for the national team. Some of the others might be, I've never seen them play (well some of them anyway). All I said was that the 18 we have are all pretty good players and I don't understand the rationalization for sweeping changes - like changing five or six players and dropping DeGuzman as someone had on their first 18-man roster in the other thread.

I think one of the central defenders should be in the team in place of Watson and I think Occean should be there. If Simpson was right-footed I'd switch him for Bernier in a heartbeat. However, a 17yo for Bernier? That I don't agree with.

matthew

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

Hmm, so the Canuck fans thought Millwall were playing hard to win and the Millwall fan thought that Millwall "couldn't be arsed."

It sounds like the fans of each team were seeing what they wanted to see...

Well judging from how biased a lot of the Heart and Milwall reports were, I wouldn't trust a lot of what they have to say. Milwall reports claim the stadiums were empty, Hearts claim their games were packet and the lies go on from there. But everybody knows I'm a negative prick and if I say something positive about these game you know I'm not lying.

Congrats to Josh and Adrian.

Hey codegoat I like the smile!

Re: The "Work Permit" "EU Passport" issues. There is a new option. It is called the "Working Holidaymakers Permit"

Details at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

Use the search - working holidaymakers

Then there are other steps after 2 years, more on that later.

As I am learning these things just don't happen over night. Many details and subject clauses.

Maybe codegoat could give us a daily smile to let us know things are progressing.

Notice Josh did not play for Boulder Rapids Reserves today (either did Liam Girard by the way), just like Adrain did not play for the Lynx the other night. Hmmmm.

Also notice Josh was named to one of the PDL all-star teams, as was Mike Riehl of Abbotsford.

It's OK Codegoat, we understand the position you are in. As long as you are not denying anything is happening, I for one will continue to believe it is.

Word has it that Josh is back in Victoria. (So is Liam - pulled a hammi) You know he would have loved to be in the final against Chicago Fire Reserves. Your right on Ivan. Josh was named to the PDL All Conference Team for the Central Conference. The PDL team of the year 2004 will be announced on Monday.

Archived