Canucks in Germany Update

Guest Ed

The 1.FC Kaiserslautern Amateurs (who compete in the German 4th division this season) opened camp a week or so ahead of the professionals, and good to see that Dylan Hughes has made the step up from the U19s last season.

quote:Originally posted by Stu

I also noticed Nik has his name listed in the books for 1860's U-23's. Good to see:D Hopefully they'll get a profile on him soon too!

I posted on that last week Stu:

"Very short vacation for Nik Ledgerwood as he is back in Munich with the 1860 reserves. They were promoted to the Regional League South, after winning the Oberliga Bayern by a single point, over the reserves of 1. FC Nurnberg.

Also, with the excitement over our men's team making an appearance in our own country, I forgot to post that the Junioren Bundesliga season came to an end over the weekend of June 12/13. Dylan Hughes was in action for 1.FC Kaiserslautern in a loss to VfB Stuttgart. No sign of Jamie Peters. Jeremy Shepherd scored the first goal for Hertha Berlin in their last game, a 2-0 win over FV Dresden Nord."

If Germany works the same as most others, Shepherd will be 19 in 2004 and eligible to play U19 (not sure what happens in 2005). However, I agree that Shepherd appears to be lagging behind Hughes and Ledgerwood as far as their respective advancement is concerned.

Archived