OT In the A-League

We all know the current method used by the A-league if games are tied after '90...

I am wondering what everyone out there thinks about such a system? Should OT be abolished and draws be embraced like in the rest of the world? Or is there some advantage to this method being used?

Personaly I would like to see it gone, as it has cost many a club a well faught point.

At the "end" of the doubleheader last night, 10:40 pm (and I was around since the W-League kickoff at 6 pm), the 4 minute injury time ran out on the Impact-Av game. Exhausted, Greg and I got up to walk out, and then looked at each other as we realized: "Oh yeah, A-League, 20 minutes overtime", sitting down with a resigned laugh.

Guest Jeffery S.

Overtime would be fine if they were playing just once a week. But with the criminal schedule, with two-games in two nights often with traveling between, all you are doing is destroying your squad and forcing the starters to pace themselves, or just as well have to watch them while not fresh, which is terrible for fans.

Let them go all out in 90 without speculating on a draw in reg time and maybe a lucky bounce in OT, and you'll not only be closer to the real game, you'll probably get a better overall quality of play.

Go Caps!

Archived