The Cuccumber

marcl_19

Maybe some1 has answered this already but ...

Who started the cuccumber thing and Why? I personally think its great. Just imagine Germany 2006.....a Canadian section filled with Cuccumber-toting Crazy fans...pretty original thats for sure

Guest Georgio

Yes please explain this to us who don't understand because it's obviously obscure and silly for the people who weren't there and may like to carry on a "wacky" tradition.

It's not my place to explain, but I think its origins lie in being obscure and silly. As in what would be the most obscure and silly thing to be seen waving at a match.

I love it. I'm very superstitious and plan on bringing one Wednesday. That being said I'm becomming superstitious about Ontario. Canada's record with my in the stands outside of Ont.: 0-6-1. In Ont.: 2-0-0 and it should be 3-0-0 by Thursday.

Still long live the cukes.

cheers,

matthew

Guest Georgio

Somebody mentioned reference to a beaver and then mounting and then cucumber and it doesn't take much for my mind to go straight for the gutter. So it has no such connotation?

The Fable of the Cucumber

As the North Boys Caravan pulled off of the 401 to enter Kingston, we were in search of food. Soon, after passing numerous signs which preached original Red Jaw's plans of change we spotted a Loblaws, which conveniently appeared on a street we accidentally turned on due to not realizing it was a turning lane. The driver was spared execution due to this Loblaws being there.

As we entered, we were prepared to go purchase some AMAZING SAUSAGES in the meat section. Just for the record, they indeed were AMAZING. As we walked to the back, it then dawned upon myself, as I stated to the rest of the travelling brigade of North Boys:

"You know what would be hilarious? If some of us brought Cucumbers to the game and carried them."

Puzzled stares shot in my direction as I continued:

"Think about it, you're watching the game on tv at home and you see a guy screaming his lungs out with a cucumber in his hand."

With that the puzzled looks grew into smiles as Operation Cucumber went into effect.

NORTH BOYS BRIEFING:

Phase two of Operation Cucumber goes into effect on Wednesday, with the aim to have a full cucumber arsenal amongst the hardcore Canadian support. Your country needs you! Purchase this vegtable! Carry it proudly!

nb-cucumber.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Georgio

Somebody mentioned reference to a beaver and then mounting and then cucumber and it doesn't take much for my mind to go straight for the gutter. So it has no such connotation?

Please, please do not mention cucumbers and beavers in the same sentence. Call me anal retentive (or anal prohibitive) but The Beaver isn't comfortable with cucumbers flying in his face (or elsewhere.) At the same time, I think waving cucumbers at games is a stroke of mad genius, the sort that I've come to expect from my fellow Voyageurs, and very possibly the thing of epic legend and golden myth. Hey, you know how the Flames make their player of the game--as voted by the players each game--wear a green construction helmet during interviews etc, well, I perhaps the player of the game for Canada tomorrow should have all of our cucumbers tossed to him. Of course, the Voyageurs would determine who the man of the match is. Maybe they could bag the cucumbers and attach a note that says, "Man of the Match Honours"

Damn, I wish Kingston was closer to Vancouver. I sure hope you guys can make it to Edmonton or Vancouver this summer--if we advance, and if the games are played here.

Vive le Canada! Vive le concombre Canadien!

The Golden Cucumber Award has already been put in place, and will be awarded to the man of the match winner for the two-game series.

Watch for the announcement of the North Boys Cucumber Marketing Board of Canada "Man of the Match" Golden Cucumber award on a website near you soon.

quote:Originally posted by northboys

The Fable of the Cucumber

As the North Boys Caravan pulled off of the 401 to enter Kingston, we were in search of food. Soon, after passing numerous signs which preached original Red Jaw's plans of change we spotted a Loblaws, which conveniently appeared on a street we accidentally turned on due to not realizing it was a turning lane. The driver was spared execution due to this Loblaws being there.

As we entered, we were prepared to go purchase some AMAZING SAUSAGES in the meat section. Just for the record, they indeed were AMAZING. As we walked to the back, it then dawned upon myself, as I stated to the rest of the travelling brigade of North Boys:

"You know what would be hilarious? If some of us brought Cucumbers to the game and carried them."

Puzzled stares shot in my direction as I continued:

"Think about it, you're watching the game on tv at home and you see a guy screaming his lungs out with a cucumber in his hand."

With that the puzzled looks grew into smiles as Operation Cucumber went into effect.

NORTH BOYS BRIEFING:

Phase two of Operation Cucumber goes into effect on Wednesday, with the aim to have a full cucumber arsenal amongst the hardcore Canadian support. Your country needs you! Purchase this vegtable! Carry it proudly!

nb-cucumber.jpg

Pure genious...all i have to say.....pure genious

The Northboyz do it again

Archived