Would this help?

Very stupid post! I am not a big fan of Paul nor do I think he should be recalled to the MNT but he showed up everytime he was called and gave 100% and thus deserves respect. There are other Canadian players about whom we can not say the same thing.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Very stupid post! I am not a big fan of Paul nor do I think he should be recalled to the MNT but he showed up everytime he was called and gave 100% and thus deserves respect. There are other Canadian players about whom we can not say the same thing.

I'm with Grizzly. Paul may not have been the best player ever to suit up for Canada, but he deserves a lot of respect for a long national career.

He said that his top career goal was to play for Canada, because playing for your country is the top honour you can receive as an athlete. And he's another one who sacrificed his career for a call-up (he was dropped from, I believe, Morton after the 2000 GC).

Say what you will about his play and so on -- that's opinion. But pay the man his due.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Holy. Thin skins.

Was going to write that it couldn't hurt. Would sure kick off a hell of a pre-match tail gate party. I'll bring the lighter fluid and invite Fenwick to spark up the paper mache. Would be awesome.

Crap! That idea was a day late. Oh how it all could have been different.

from the Skysports desk;

A Sacrificial Wicker Man looking oddly enough, like former Hibs and Canada defender Paul Fenwick, was burned in Wales by Canada supporters before the Wales-Canada friendly.

Counter spells were conducted by the local Grand Druid of Wrexham and the heathen gods appeased as Wales went on to cruise to a 1-0 victory.

Earlier, tragidy was narrowly avoided as attempts to ignite Canadian midfielder Atiba Hutchinson who happened to be in the car park to thank the travelling Canada fans for their support, failed. Distraught supports realising they'd mistaken the lanky Hutchinson for their Wicker Man effigy pulled together and bought him a sandwich and chips.

Fenwick Haters! ;)

Man, you can do whatever you want, but Paul Fenwick gives everything to his

country. He may not have speed (like in his Winnipeg Fury days), but he was

solid in GC2000.

Want to burn something? Burn an OH doll or something that resembles Geoff Aunger.

Just kidding ...

I am personally a bit fed up with the amount of criticism Fenwick receives on this board. At one time he was a moderately useful player for the MNT although his performances have declined in recent years. At no time however did I feel he wasn't giving his best and I have never heard any criticism of his conduct off the field or relationship to his teammates. He always showed up when called and never came on this board to call his teammates names like Aguair recently did. He did not call himself up to the team when he was past his prime, that was Ossieck's decision and if his play was not up to snuff then Ossieck should be the one criticized for not looking at alternatives that he could call. Some criticism of his play may be valid but the criticism on this board often goes far beyond this to the personal level. Such criticism should be reserved for those players who have shown poor character. It is really a shame that a player like Fenwick does not have the skills of Hargreaves or Aguair because he is not lacking in honour or character and has represented Canada to the best of his ability.

Archived