Buffons job as Italy's#1 in Jeopardy?

nedved9

Last nite I was watching The Soccer Fanatics Show on TLN.

And they were showing hi lites of the Roma v Juve match were Roma

won convincingly 4-0. And one of the guys on the show mentioned the

poor play of Buffon saying that in 2 matches that he as given up 7 goals. Do you think he just having bad luck, or a victim of Juve's

piss poor defence. Or should Italy go with TOLDO COME JUNE.

Lets be honest, none of the major keepers are doing well right now, Buffon is letting in some soft ones, but what keeper doesn't go through a bad spell. Toldo is letting in some stinkers, and Abbiati isnt starting (and let in a REAL soft one against Lazio)...Maybe Pellizoli will be given consideration...Buffon is better than them all, in my opinion...

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

I guess they'll have to see what happens the rest of the way in Serie A and then make a decision.If Toldo is the more in form keeper then that decision should become quite clear.Either way Italy would have to be considered one of the favorites.

I agree. I don't think the choice of keeper will matter that much. Just wait until May and June and go with whoever fits best at the time.

I'm more concerned about who is chosen for the midfield and attack. In the past I hated the automatic spots for some players. Thankfully there has been a greater variety of players used since the WC.

quote:Originally posted by TorontoInferno

Abbiati isnt starting (and let in a REAL soft one against Lazio)

That was in the Coppa Italia Semifinal 1st Leg, for those who don't know, where he tried to kick the ball out of his goal area but it hit Fiore and went straight into the net.

But now Abbiati has just let in 4 goals in the 2nd Leg --- in the first half alone! Sure, Milan is using a second-string lineup, worse than that in places, particularly the back line... but what the hell do I care, it's 6-1 on aggregate!!! [8D][8D][8D]

Archived