Lars now officially 2nd string keeper at Spurs

Mimglow

Hey gang...

I have a buddy who lives in Chatham, England, who has a friend working as a PR officer for Spurs. I asked him to ask her about Lars' standing at the club. This is what she replied:

Lars signed for us in August, 2002, after a successful trial period,

having previously performed well for Calgary Storm, but I'm sure your

Canadian friends know this. He spent the first half of last season as

understudy to Kasey Keller following Neil Sullivan's problems with injury and proved that he was more than capable and up <for the task. He is a promising shot stopper dedicated to to fitnes and training. Now considered to be the official second string keeper at this present time. He is regarded as an asset to the club.

Anything else we want to know?

quote:Originally posted by bungey

Or Keller self destructs and Spurs decide to try their back-up. That's my favourite scenerio, I've never liked Keller because of that baseball hat he wears. Just a pet peeve of mine, I know.

Baseball hat? I've never seen him wear one before. I don't think the bald spot looks that bad. [|)]

quote:Baseball hat? I've never seen him wear one before. I don't think the bald spot looks that bad. [|)]

Oh yeah, you're right. Just did a search on his photos on the Net and not a hat to be seen. I seem to remember it from a couple years ago, maybe it was someone else.

Keller.

Bit over the top but I'm just trying to realy highlight a point. The man can't make a good save or two in a row without making a total hash of another. It's got to be as frustrating as Hell watching the man some days. From the 'stands and the bench. That's what drove Sullivan away don't you know....

Litterbox the Telepathic Fly returns from Hamburg. Part 2.

Cheeta;

"Geezus, Holger sulking in a Hamburg brothel. Sad."

Litterbox;

"Pretty sure it was him. Don't often run into pouting Germans in brothels cruising the internet looking for articules on the Canadian Men's National Team. The Canadian Women's National Team? Sure. All the time. But not the Men's side."

Cheeta;

"Hey, did you see anything on Lars becoming 'Spurs #2. Been busy lately. Haven't had the time to brouse about myself much."

Litterbox;

"No. But I was at Neil Sullivan's granny's cottage when he decided it was time to leave White Hart Lane."

Cheeta;

"Realy? Awesome! For a wee, little, thing I have to say you sure get around a bit. And boy, can you hold your beer."

Litterbox;

"True. True. But I'm no ordinary fly you know. You want to hear it?"

Cheeta;

"Well, yeah!"

Neil;

"Hello Grams. Hello Gramps. How are things? Looking well I see. HELLO GRAMPS. I SAID YOU ARE LOOKING WELL."

Gramps;

"GrmpLLvzzikllmicrn...RHIMMBLZNrrJ"

Grams;

"FAUDER! HUSH! Hellllooo, Laddie! Don't yur mind Gramps one bit der. I just has to remind him yur only WORKING in London and we still loves yah as yah 'aven't realy gone over to the English.

"Yer looking well yurself, dear. Such shoulders! Tich! Coom in sit 'ere in the kitchen and I'll give yah a wee trim while you tells us all 'bout yur southern adventures!"

Neil;

"Actualy Grams, I was just round the salon yesterday and am pretty pleased.."

Grams;

"SIT!!! Ders a good, lad. Now yuh just tells me and Gramps 'ere all 'bout where yer playing and what not and I'll just tidy up dis crows nest you've got 'ere a wee bit."

Neil;

(clip-clip)"Er, well, looks like I'll be at White Hart Lane this year Grams. Squad needs a bit of work but (clip-clip) I think with a bit of luck and hard work we can make top six. Maybe do something in the FA Cup, you know?"(clip-clip)

Grams;

"And you'll be starting I expect."(clip-clip)

Neil;

"Well, no actualy. That's just it. I'll be their #2. Behind Kasey Keller."SNNNIIIPPP

Gramps;

"NNNGHVVVIRW;LOG@ LA'SSPOIOEMC';/. YYYYRVVGREIHW? YYYYRVVGREIGW? JMP'VMKEWISVIQQQN...."

Grams;

"FAUDER!!! I'm sure Neil's well aware who this mister Keller is. Remember your condition, Fauder. Now Neil, laddie, just take it slowly now. Gramps seems to t'ink yur talking 'bout the cud chewing A-merican. The one what can't make two saves in a row? Dat same one from last year. You'll be his #2 den?"

Neil;

"I,, uhnmnn. Er. Well. It, uhhh. Yes. I'd-I'd-I'd-I'd say,,, yes."

Gramps;

"Groooaaaaaaan....."

Neil;

"It isn't all that bad! I'm the back up in one of London's storied football giants for God's sake! Keller as the starter or no, that's a damn good job! A job to be proud of!"

Grams;

"Of course it is, dearie. Of course it is. Better brake out the drink, Fauder."

Neil;

"sighYou,,, you going to finnish the trim now, Grams?"

Grams;

"Oh I'm sorry, laddie. My nerves. My nerves are all a shambles just now. You'll have to finish it yurself."

Archived