Irish game actually on Sportsnet?

canadiankick97

The game will be on live in all regions. There was a thread about this in one of the forums at hattrick.org (best soccer management game ever), and apparently it's just not appearing in some of the schedules. One of the users sent off an email and got a reply from Sportsnet confirming that the game will be carried live across Canada.

Thanks sportsnet!

I don't know if it happens only with soccer or only when there's a relatively late change to their schedule, but this is a recurring problem with Sportsnet. The various sources of information (TV, Web site, offline/online/onscreen TV guides) about their broadcast schedule are often contradictory. The same thing happened during the WWC.

Stuff like this can really hurt the ratings though. In today's Toronto Star for example there is no mention that this match even exists, including no mention in the daily tv sports listings that it will be televised at all.

I seem to recall hearing that the match will be repeated this evening, and I suspect many general sports or soccer fans in the Toronto area will discover that the match is being televised for the first time when they are flipping through the channels & happen to stumble across it.

Archived