Julain Uccello Scores his 2nd game winner goal

Alberto

This past weekend AC Milan Juniores Player Julian Uccello scores his second game winner for his team. His entry in the second half at the 75 minute mark and his goal at the 83 rd minute of the game gave his team a 2 - 1 result. His goal mismerzied the (1st place team in the league) Cremonese keeper with a bullet strike outside the 18 yard in the bottom corner. This victory kept the Juniores just 2 points from them in the league. He seems to have adjusted well with his new teammates. Forza Milan---Forza Juniores----Forza Uccello

SETTORE GIOVANILE: I RISULTATI DEL WEEKEND

17 novembre 2003 11:34

MILANO - Le partite del settore giovanile rossonero disputate sabato 16 e domenica 16 novembre 2003:

Primavera: Udinese - Milan 2-0.

Esordienti provinciali '92: Milan-Aldini Bariviera 1-0 (gol di Mancuso).

Berretti: Milan-Cremonese: 2-1 (reti di Marzeglia e Uccello per il Milan).

Allievi Nazionali '87: Cremonese-Milan 1-1 (gol di Astori per il Milan).

Allievi Regionali '88: Lumezzane-Milan 1-1 (gol di Vitofrancesco per il Milan).

Giovanissimi Nazionali '89: Milan-Inter 1-3 (gol di Angelè per il Milan).

Giovanissimi Regionali '90: Albinoleffe-Milan 1-5 (doppietta di Formica e reti di Senicanin, Boni e Paloschi per il Milan).

Esordienti Regionali '91: Monza-Milan 1-1 (gol di Schenetti).

On the WSC they have a site open about Julian and his stats with his previous club, intersting stats I must say.

http://www.wscstrikers.com/Players/j_uccello.htm

Lets wish him all the best. It just goes to show hat no one really knows how a young player will develop. I watched him for two years and though he looked capable, he was not head and shoulders above any of the better players on view in his age group.

So now he is with Milan he may be in the environment he needs to progress further.

good luck Julian

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

is he looking like a future milano first teamer? this kid is 16 right? if he goes to milan's first team what are the chance's he'll play for canada and not italy?

Although the task is diffuclt to become a first teamer for any 1st team in Italy or for that matter even a second team in seria B. In fact I dont think it has ever been done a player from Canada going to the Seria A or B, his odds are against him but remains positive that there is always a first, and feels very confident that he has the abilty to play now in the 3rd divison anywhere in the world but due to restriction of his age he will wait for the right time and the right place for that. His primary focus is on three things (first) his club (second) his coach and (finally) Giving everything he has and can offer to his team to achieve success.

quote:Originally posted by Alberto

I dont think it has ever been done a player from Canada going to the Seria A or B

Rocco Placentino is at Avellino in Serie B, but he is yet to appear for the senior team. He was apparently called up from the Primavera team about two weeks ago but then left to join our Olympic team. We'll see if he plays when he gets back to Italy.

I'm not sure if any other Canadian has played above the third division in Italy.

I dont think it has ever been done a player from Canada going to the Seria A or B

Rocco Placentino is at Avellino in Serie B, but he is yet to appear for the senior team. He was apparently called up from the Primavera team about two weeks ago but then left to join our Olympic team. We'll see if he plays when he gets back to Italy.

I'm not sure if any other Canadian has played above the third division in Italy.

I have seen this kid play for the past couple of years in the OYSL and he is definitely not as good as everyone here is making him out to be!! I wouldn't even put in the top ten players in Ontario for his age group. His games and skills are very one sided, he has an above average shot but he cannot pass or cross, and possesses average speed. All he does is catch the ball, runs with his head down and shoot. Sorry to be so negative but there are many players in Canada, Ontario, etc who are much better and are not getting the chances they deserve.

It is quite a shame because with the lack of media coverage and the absence of a healthy professional league many of these talented kids who do not get chances in Europe will give up this beautiful game once high school ends.

Anyways good luck to him hopefully training with professionals will develop him game to the next level.

quote:Originally posted by DF4mERc

I have seen this kid play for the past couple of years in the OYSL and he is definitely not as good as everyone here is making him out to be!! I wouldn't even put in the top ten players in Ontario for his age group. His games and skills are very one sided, he has an above average shot but he cannot pass or cross, and possesses average speed. All he does is catch the ball, runs with his head down and shoot. Sorry to be so negative but there are many players in Canada, Ontario, etc who are much better and are not getting the chances they deserve.

It is quite a shame because with the lack of media coverage and the absence of a healthy professional league many of these talented kids who do not get chances in Europe will give up this beautiful game once high school ends.

Anyways good luck to him hopefully training with professionals will develop him game to the next level.

Obviously you must be a true Canadian defensive player that knows everything and then regerts every word you said, as I assume you are according to your forum name defence 4 me RC I'm sure he has played against you and your team, Has won numorous awards in the OYSL and scoring titles for three consecutive years in his age group.</u>. Did not make your job easy. Lets face it unless this player was not of one of your choices you would not be happy so your opinion is yours and I respect that</u>! However his credentials speak for himself, Look at his record on the web site of the Woodbridge Club with which he has be a member of that club for 3 years and is a dicated player to one club only, not like many that bounce around just to win championships and titles at the end of the day surley you can draw some conclusion. His Profile and his past playing record that speaks for it self, A trial Manchester United and played with the under 19 and 17 squad at the age of 14, A trial with Bolton for 3 weeks , at the age of 15, and that when he was 16 he made the team for Milan Juniores and is doing exception well scoring two winning goals for them in the league. Your right he is very weak and not a good player! Then you must be Jeoulous person and you must be dying in your pants. But I respect that too Good luck to you, who ever you may be RC.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I wonder if Pipo Inzaghi is giving Julian any lessons on diving.

:DThat was funny! I like that certainally cheered my day thanks massive attack I'm still laughing if you look at the picture with him and pippo it certainally look like they have it under a control. However he is the master of working on the limits of the offside and tends to get many calls for it. But thats Soccer! I hope he taught him what he was doing wrong! I'm still laughing:D:D:D:D

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

Didn't Sandro Grande play a few matches with Brescia in Seria A. I think they were only preseason but he was definitely on their side.

Yeah, he was with Brescia in the summer of 2001, and even got into an official Intertoto Cup match as a late sub (when Brescia were going with second-stringers and young guys to start the tournament), but he never actually played in Serie A as he was gone by the time the season started.

Hamiltonfan, of what I know I dont think he was ask as he should have been there in Vancouver, for sure maybe would have quailfied Canada with a goal from him which I persoanlly think he would have got and maybe more! But nor was Owen till he made his career move and proved to the world he was what he is. So I dont know to answer your question? Wish I can help you! Its a tough world in this sport of soccer world and at the end day only time well tell. I think he has to prove that he belongs and its still early as of yet. Beside he is getting the obsoulte training and preperation right now and thats all he should focus on.

I don't think the point is should he have been selecetd or would he have scored. With the limited time National coaches have its easy to miss a player, because they have maybe 2 or 3 outings with the team. If at the time of scouting a player does not do well, what can be done? The important thing is he is in a good environment and eligible for the next U-20. Now if he does not get selecetd questions may be asked. Players grow differently, a star today is not one tomorrow. Julian played against my son in Regina did very well, but when it came to playing against the Quebec's and BC's he failed to score. No a criticism just stating that we never know how he would have done internationally. Now let him develop and lets see how far he goes. As for the tryouts with all those clubs. I know players that have done the same, through a good agent or wealthy parents it means nothing. They are all back in town, some are with small time clubs. Lets the boy grow.

Good luck Julien

Observer - unlike Alberto, I think your views and opinions are much less bias. You're right Alberto Julian has won 3 consecutive scoring titles and multiply INDIVIDUAL awards, but what does HIS TEAM have to show for it, nothing! NO League titles, NO League cups, NO Ontario Cups and they were also relegated this past outdoor season!! I'm sure you know what I am getting at. Please understand this is not an attack against Julian but an outburst towards the state of Canadian youth soccer development. Observer is right kids who have weathly well connected parents or get hooked with a good agent have much more opportunities to develop their skills elsewhere. At the same time its disappointing to see that kids his age with equal or greater skills are NOT getting the chances and their talents gets washed away after OYSL because I'm sure CPSL is not where they want to go.

Reason why he was not selected to go to Vancouver was because he was not a part of NTC Ontario yet.

Finally, Alberto you're reading to much into my name, it has nothing to do with Soccer and I do not regret ANYTHING I SAY!!

Observer - unlike Alberto, I think your views and opinions are much less bias. You're right Alberto Julian has won 3 consecutive scoring titles and multiply INDIVIDUAL awards, but what does HIS TEAM have to show for it, nothing! NO League titles, NO League cups, NO Ontario Cups and they were also relegated this past outdoor season!! I'm sure you know what I am getting at. Please understand this is not an attack against Julian but an outburst towards the state of Canadian youth soccer development. Observer is right kids who have weathly well connected parents or get hooked with a good agent have much more opportunities to develop their skills elsewhere. At the same time its disappointing to see that kids his age with equal or greater skills are NOT getting the chances and their talents gets washed away after OYSL because I'm sure CPSL is not where they want to go.

Reason why he was not selected to go to Vancouver was because he was not a part of NTC Ontario yet.

Finally, Alberto you're reading to much into my name, it has nothing to do with Soccer and I do not regret ANYTHING I SAY!!

DF4mERc, obviously if you think for a moment your going to convinced me that winning Cups make players boy do you have it wrong. The fact remains that Julian Uccello could not care about team trophies and cups he has always played for underdog teams anyways and has won so many individual awards every year, maybe thats why your choice of your 10 players will be never accomplish anything but remain here in Canada thinking where did I go wrong. Julian is a leader not a follower always did what was best for him, his career and most of all his club,. But thats ok DF4mERc I can understand why you have this position its the Canadian way Aye! If things get washed away after the oysl its only because the parents that you mention are not involved any more, and players take control of the situation which they should have done sooner! With most of the players I know that move around from team to team to win these cups you talk about, I know for a fact its the parents that what it more than the player do. Finally DF4mERc I do respect your opinions, however you have not change my mind on this issue in this topic in this forum. But I truly wish you well in your ideas.

Oh by the way the choice of going to Vancouver should be made on a kids talent not on programs, Thats another reason why soccer here will never go anywhere. If Julian was there he would have quailfied them in the next round be rest assured the odds would have be in their favour that all I am saying! no pun attended!

Julian plays like a Eurpean. Honestly his style, and his technique is much different then must players here. He has a great first touch, and good control. He knows the game very well.Thats one thing wrong in Canada if u look very closely all the players on the national team have the same general skill. The main thing is where lacking possision.If u watched most of Canadas games, it dosent matter who they cant seem to get position.And its not the players fault or the coaches. This was suppose to be taught at a young age. And julian is that kind of player. Ive watched him play and he's not outstanding but he knows how to play the game.

Alberto if he becomes a top class player remains to be seen. No one can say that he will, no one can say also that he would of helped the team qualify. After all he played at the All Stars as I mentioned and Ontario did not even make the final. If someone is ignorant they can say well Julian played and failed to score against teams that are a lot weaker than Costa Rica and Mexico. Another point is to stop being critical of the program in Canada simply because Canada does not have a soccer environment, that allows for player development. Why does Italy not develop hockey players? Why does Jamaica produce the best sprinters? We need a professional environment plain and simple. Look at it this way, if you have Julian and another player equal in ability and Julian goes to a professional environment and the other player stays in Canada or US University. Who do you think will develop to be the better player. Sometimes when I read much of what is said I am surprised how little people give credit to the facts. Footbal players come from football environments!!!!. Brasil does not have the best coaching or player development program but they have a football environment like none other. If Italy had a fool proff formula for developing players, there clubs would not have to buy players from Africa, SA, Europe, Japan and Korea etc etc.

WELL SAID Observer, 100% Agree!!!! Alberto, I am not saying that Cups and Championships make a player. But if he could not even help his team win a CUP or even stay in the OYSL what makes you think that "he would have qualified them", soccer is not played with only one player.

Finally, Alberto are you not Canadian eh??? Why must you make these references?

Peace.........

WELL SAID Observer, 100% Agree!!!! Alberto, I am not saying that Cups and Championships make a player. But if he could not even help his team win a CUP or even stay in the OYSL what makes you think that "he would have qualified them", soccer is not played with only one player.

Finally, Alberto are you not Canadian eh??? Why must you make these references?

Peace.........

As i look at what u just wrote, you said "soccer is not played with one player" now considering what you said before that just doesnt make sence, because if your saying he didnt help his team win, or for that matter they got relegated, he still scored the most goals in the OYSL, so how could he have not helped his team when he was doing his job right. His job as an attacker is to put the ball in the net, the job of the defenders is to stop the ball from going in the net, so In my opionion I fell he helped his team alot, it was the others who did not help him. And yes i think he would of helped them qualify into the W.C. by scoring at least 1 goal!! because thats all they needed, and the "best strikers in Canada couldnt do it" so there is a problem there.

Observer- I never said he does not have a huge responsiblity of proving himself in the europe market obviuosly you not reading my post correctly. I am not here to defend Julian as he is more capable of doing that on his own, with his feet and not his mouth. I think he has shown in the past that he wants it more than others and has work hard to get where others have not. They simply want it to easy! The parents are too involved in the decsion making of who! why! when! and where!. Julian is motivated thru his heart to be the best that he can for the team he is playing for. That is plain and as simple it can get. Also you mentioned about having a professional invimorment here in Canada, how can this be possible when you have some players coming to a NTC Program in all age groups with pants down to the waste, hanging underwear, they walk with a strut, hats on their head with ear phones blasting in the ear listening to music and to boot they come late. I'm sorry but who is these future stars that you are talking about. Under these circumstances not many would have a chance in Europe even if it was offered to them. They have to be discipline and have respect for themselves first before they they can help others to be one day a professisional player. However you are correct if he was to excell he is in the right place and now it is up to him to prove it as his style of the player is more geared to the european Qualitly not here. By the way from my understanding he was and has been offer 4 full scholarships in the states too. Full Not partial accoridng to the Woodbridge Soccer CLub has marks and Sat test to prove it that he qualifies for any one he chooses to take.

FMSID---- thanks for your approval on this matter well saida syou can read very well.

DF4meRc---- You not reading my post very well into it! All I said was that chances would have been greater if he was there that he could be used and maybe he would have got a goal for them to quailfy as he has shown in the past scoring big goals! He is a goal scorer and maybe one of the best I have seen in Ontario in a long time. He has in th epast and now showning it in Italy. He has scored big goals there too where soccer is their life and it is much easier for him to get them because he has the professioanlism of his teammates and the training to improve his career with them as a team should be as one mind and one thought! Discilpine, heart, and the ambition of playing for your club not nessesary cup and trophies.

Archived