Marc Bircham

Bill Spiers

I don't have a lot of faith in all the pre-season trade rumours but here is one on Bircham.

Spurs want Bircham

By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

TOTTENHAM have been tracking tough-tackling QPR midfielder Marc Bircham.

The 25-year-old London-born Canada international has also been linked with Wolves and Cardiff City.

Bircham, who was born in Brent, has a reputation for throwing in big challenges and is a non-stop box-to-box grafter.

He enjoyed promotion with Millwall a couple of seasons ago and just missed out with Rangers, who he has always supported, when they were beaten by Cardiff in the Division Two play-off finals in May.

Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle has his eyes on PSV Eindhoven's classy Mark Van Bommel and has been linked with Real Madrid midfielder Solari and movement can be expected after today's Champions League transfer deadline expires.

A source close to the player said: 'Although Marc may not be Glenn Hoddle's main objective his enthusiastic wholehearted approach would make him a valuable addition to the Spurs squad.

'Birch shouldn't be underrated and could definitely cut it in the Premiership if given a chance.'

Marc best of luck. I wish you all the best in your professional career. I hope you make it. I have faith that you will be back on the National squad one day, even though you are determined never to play for Canada as long as Holger is still boss. I do see some light at the other end of the tunnel whereby you and Holger will sit down and sort out your differences. By the way, thanks for responding to my E-mail. It was very encouraging.

Bircham Presented With QPRnet.com Trophy

By Ron Norris

Date: 4/8/2003

Marc Bircham finally received the trophy for QPRnet.com goal of the season before Rangers' friendly with Charlton this evening. Simon presented Marc with the award on the hallowed turf.

Birch won your vote earlier this year for his strike against Brentford which secured three extremely valuable points for the R's during the play off run in.

We must say thank you to Mel Johnson and Kenny Jackett for all their help in organising all our presentations this summer and also to Geraldine Field and Pete Nuttall for putting tonight's together at the last minute!

2003080401100925.jpg

I know we have a lot of options out there on the right side, but I really think we miss Marc. He brought energy and passion to the team that seems to be lacking. Obviously we have a lot of guys who are passionate, but they seem to lead-by-example kind of players (nothing wrong with that), whereas Marc runs over high-fives the guy that won him the corner he's about to take. The guy's just no fun to play against and I think we miss him.

cheers,

matthew

It's alright, it's okay, there's something to live for... Jesus told me so.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

I know we have a lot of options out there on the right side, but I really think we miss Marc. He brought energy and passion to the team that seems to be lacking. Obviously we have a lot of guys who are passionate, but they seem to lead-by-example kind of players (nothing wrong with that), whereas Marc runs over high-fives the guy that won him the corner he's about to take. The guy's just no fun to play against and I think we miss him.

cheers,

matthew

It's alright, it's okay, there's something to live for... Jesus told me so.

I'll echo that. bit of grit in the belly. Good thing. I'd take Marc over Nash any day.

"Minority of one"

Its time to bring back these key national team players. Bircham is missed greatly out there aswell as Aguiar. and not to mention PESCH!

Like the guy said you can never have to much depth and these guys should be starting for canada still. common Holger Pick up the slack and pick up the phone. Call these ousted players that we so desperately need.

Well, I don't know if I would go as far as to stay that they should start in a full strength team, but there is no doubt that all three would be useful especially when blended in with some of our youthful talent.

The real problem is getting a full strength team. And as our young players develop reputations, it will only become more difficult to get them.

Holger called fernando 3 days after he signed with Benfica va year and a half ago. Since Lenarduzzi, Fernando has had no confidence in the Canadian National Team's approach. Lenarduzzi benched him in an exibition game between Canada and Portugal at Sky-dome about four years ago. Fernando and Bunburry were the two most experienced players from Canada in the Portuguese first division at the time.

When Holger called him, he said No Thanks. Holger listened to everything the remaining coaching staff from the Lenarduzzi era had to say about Fernando, and ignored him - until he signed with a big club.

Remember, according to Canadian Soccer Authorities, Hargreaves isn't aggressive enough either.;)

quote:Originally posted by Peschfan

Its time to bring back these key national team players. Bircham is missed greatly out there aswell as Aguiar. and not to mention PESCH!

Like the guy said you can never have to much depth and these guys should be starting for canada still. common Holger Pick up the slack and pick up the phone. Call these ousted players that we so desperately need.

That's not entirely true... Fernando was called in to Holger's first camp in Germany in early '99 as well as the closed door friendly against Saudi Arabia in July of '99.

As to why he wasn't called after that until last year is something only Osieck could answer.

That's not entirely true... Fernando was called in to Holger's first camp in Germany in early '99 as well as the closed door friendly against Saudi Arabia in July of '99.

As to why he wasn't called after that until last year is something only Osieck could answer.

Archived