Italy,Austria,and Spain asks UEFA to give Israel

ziv2002

the Forengn ministers of Italy,Austria and Spain asked Fifa

and UEFA to give Israel thare home back,as you know,Israel national

team and Israeli clubs cant host thare hame games at Israel becouse

of the arabs terror,

the Forengn ministers of Italy said:

"its not fair that the Israeli fans cant go to thare own

national team games,and we didn't atrt talking about the money the clubs are loosing becouse hosting at other countrys"

Italy prime minister said he wants to said he's team (AC Milan)

for a friendly ame at Israel!

I really hope that they well bring the games back,

its a very long time since the last game i went of Israel...

Israel are on their way to...

Euro 2004!!!

ziv, if you are going to post on a Canadian site you have to appreciate Canadian (and International) sensibilities. There are a LOT of people of Arab background in Canada, and a lot of people from Arab countries here and elsewhere reading this. We just don't say things like that here. Yes, that may be a big paradigm shift for you, but you should start now.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change

the subject. -- Winston Churchill

I wouldn't count on it, ziv2002.

If the Italian foreighn minister is on your side that's help you could do without.

Thinking your supporters well have to continue to fly to Cyprus for the "home" dates. But don't feel too bad about it though. You should see the miles we'd have to put on to watch Canada play. Ug.

"Minority of one"

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

ziv, if you are going to post on a Canadian site you have to appreciate Canadian (and International) sensibilities. There are a LOT of people of Arab background in Canada, and a lot of people from Arab countries here and elsewhere reading this. We just don't say things like that here. Yes, that may be a big paradigm shift for you, but you should start now.

beachesl im sorry but I didn't understand exakly what did I do wrong?

can you mabey quote the bad sentence I saied?

Euro 2004!!!

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

I wouldn't count on it, ziv2002.

If the Italian foreighn minister is on your side that's help you could do without.

Thinking your supporters well have to continue to fly to Cyprus for the "home" dates. But don't feel too bad about it though. You should see the miles we'd have to put on to watch Canada play. Ug.

"Minority of one"

Cheeta,i know that you need to go alot of way Canada

play,but it hurts more if you know that you could see your team a hour driveing away,and you still need to fly becouse

of stuped UEFA...

Euro 2004!!!

ziv, it was the use of the word "terrorist" with the word "arab".

I know that it is a mindset you may not understand, but we don't approve of associating any national, ethic, racial or religious group with a negative term. Better just to use the word "problems", we know what they are. We just want to bend over backwards to avoid Canada, even in netland, from being a place where religious, political or ethnic disputes are fought. We are proud that Serbs and Croats, Jews and Arabs, Sikhs and Hindus, or whatever, are safe in Canada and that their children are not threatened by the baggage of whatever else is happening in the world, and anything that threatens that peace, no matter how right one side may be on the issues, is. If you say "arab terrorist" here, no matter in what context, your child may inadvertently use that in his classroom, and the Arab friend that sits beside him will be targeted. Try to use a mental filter to go over what you have written, and change it if there is ANY doubt. If you are going to come to Canada, best to start NOW, buddy. You may find that you will be blocked from using this, and other, websites if you don't.

ziv, I really hope that Israel someday gets to play inernational country and club dates too. I agree with Cheeta that that is unlikely. UEFA and other groups are becoming more cautious, not less. For instance, Wales game in Serbia was cancelled because of a vague safety issue involving unrest caused by the assasination of it's President, and similiar problems occurred because of vague concerns about the English in Macedonia. Considering this, it is unfair to expect a change

from UEFA where teams are threatened by even greater safety concerns in

Israel, even if you have to live with them day to day. It is not a political issue. I'm sure the pronouncements of the foreign minister was really to promote goodwill in the area, and we all applaud that.

"mental filter", yeah that's about right.

Me, I have to use a "language filter". Had great practice over the years after the Cheeta cub came along. Really had to cut down on what I'll affectionately call "shop floor language" otherwise the ol' lady would smack me. Still get the occasionaly "pow" in the kisser.

"Minority of one"

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

ziv, it was the use of the word "terrorist" with the word "arab".

Excuse me but what else was he supposed to say?

Islamic Terrorists

Islamist Terrorists

Palestinian Terrorists

He did not say "all Arabs are terrorists". He said "these terrorists are arabs". Perhaps the distinction is difficult for some recent immigrants who are still learning English but there is no PC way to identify these people.

Frankly if Arab Canadians are offended when someone speaks of Arab terrorists they need to redouble there efforts to fight criminal racist organizations like Hamas rather than getting worked up into a lather over semantics.

Ted

Fort Victoria Voyageurs

http://www.victoriasoccer.net/fort

Archived