Football Manager 18 - CanPL/Voyageurs Cup Mod

16 hours ago, farrelld said:

Is there a way to start at the preseason for 2018? With all the MLS and USL contracts coming to an end now it would be an easy way to build teams from scratch.

I vaguely remember the Brazilian league allowing for a start date of late-2017, so that might be an option (assuming you have it activated).

That said, my recommondation from building a team from scratch is to rely on L1O and PLSQ to build the main chunk of your squad. There are at least 30 or so players from these leagues that can serve effectively as starters and bench players .. .and many more that can serve as backups. Most of these teams are amateur so do not require a transfer fee for the players.

A hint on who are good in these leagues is to check out the L1O team of the year, and Nielsen's articles on top prospects for CPL in red nation online. 

• 3 months later...

So looks like the folks at CanPL Hub have used the database to simulate the next decade:

http://thecanplhub.com/features/football-manager-predicts-canpl-2019-season/

http://thecanplhub.com/features/football-manager-predicts-canpl-five-years/

But what got me excited was their most recent article on the influence of CPL on the Canadian MNT.

http://thecanplhub.com/features/football-manager-predicts-canpl-national-team-influence/

"2019 to 2029 – A World Cup Return
After a decade of action in the Canadian Premier League, the national team has improved at a rapid rate. Climbing 56 places to be ranked 47th in the world – and reaching a high of 38th in July 2022 – seven players in the national set-up have progressed through and remained at CanPL teams. Two of Canada’s top three talents play in the league and only three members of the squad line-up for clubs outside of North America. "

"The national squad now features players who play in the English Premier League, La Liga and Eredivisie, and only three of the 25-man squad didn’t begin their careers in the CanPL."

3 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

So looks like the folks at CanPL Hub have used the database to simulate the next decade:

http://thecanplhub.com/features/football-manager-predicts-canpl-2019-season/

http://thecanplhub.com/features/football-manager-predicts-canpl-five-years/

But what got me excited was their most recent article on the influence of CPL on the Canadian MNT.

http://thecanplhub.com/features/football-manager-predicts-canpl-national-team-influence/

"2019 to 2029 – A World Cup Return
After a decade of action in the Canadian Premier League, the national team has improved at a rapid rate. Climbing 56 places to be ranked 47th in the world – and reaching a high of 38th in July 2022 – seven players in the national set-up have progressed through and remained at CanPL teams. Two of Canada’s top three talents play in the league and only three members of the squad line-up for clubs outside of North America. "

"The national squad now features players who play in the English Premier League, La Liga and Eredivisie, and only three of the 25-man squad didn’t begin their careers in the CanPL."

Hopefully this turns out to be true!!!!.... A little baffled at the time period after that , though, particularly from 2059-2069 

• 6 months later...

DocK7B9WkAIpUKq.jpg

goo.gl/EX2KFG  <- Steam link
For CCL to work, you also need this separate file: https://goo.gl/MY7sqb  Logos requires a separate installation process: https://goo.gl/U7fYZh  You can also use that logo link if you want to use the mod without steam.

Oct 1 Update: There has been a major overhaul to the mod, with the inclusion of all announced CanPL teams, the announced CanPL format, new L1O/PLSQ teams, and more. Please note, other than the new L1O and PLSQ teams, rosters for other lower division teams are from last season. I will continue to work at updating these rosters. CanPL wage budgets have also been lowered to 1.25m to reflect latest rumours. I also ended up removing the PCSL, as it was impossible to produce in any detail given its status as an amateur league.

The Canadian Pyramid Mod adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 18, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, and Canada third and fourth divisions (L1O, PLSQ, PCSL). 

Other features:
-Players currently on trial at Cavalry FC, FC Edmonton, and HFX Wanderers are signed to non-contract deals at their respective teams - as per 'prospect' friendly rosters
-A couple standout players from the CanPL Got Game Open Trials have also been made available as free agents
-Full rosters for all Canadian USL, PDL, L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 600 new players!
-Staff for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ teams
-All Canadians playing in the American system, down to PDL
-Potential Ability for key players in L1O and PLSQ informed by scouting data provided by prominent Canadian data analyst Aaron Nielsen 
-Full rosters for TFC, Whitecaps, and Montreal Impact academies
-Canadian media sources and prominent soccer journalists
-Over 100 Canadian university coaches and physios to increase available staff
-Added missing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL stadia

CPL: Pacific FC, FC Edmonton, Cavalry FC, Valour FC, Forge FC, York 9 FC, HFX Wanderers FC - winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Voyageurs Cup: CPL teams, MLS teams (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver), USL team (Ottawa), PLSQ champion, and L1O champion. Winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Lower Divisions: League1 Ontario, Premier League Soccer Quebec

-Concacaf Champion's League approximates the real set-up, but I had to simplify things after having trouble getting the Caribbean Cup and "CONCACAF League" (not to be confused with CCL) to work. Instead, top Caribbean teams and two of the lower ranked Central American teams will play in the first round before the bigger nations enter. It also unfortunately, messes up Mexican CCL qualifications. As a stop-gap, only the champions and runners-up of the Closing Tournament qualify, with the other two being randomly drawn.
-Credit also goes to canucksabroad.ca for player information

20 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

DocK7B9WkAIpUKq.jpg

goo.gl/EX2KFG  <- Steam link
For CCL to work, you also need this separate file: https://goo.gl/MY7sqb  Logos requires a separate installation process: https://goo.gl/U7fYZh  You can also use that logo link if you want to use the mod without steam.

Oct 1 Update: There has been a major overhaul to the mod, with the inclusion of all announced CanPL teams, the announced CanPL format, new L1O/PLSQ teams, and more. Please note, other than the new L1O and PLSQ teams, rosters for other lower division teams are from last season. I will continue to work at updating these rosters. CanPL wage budgets have also been lowered to 1.25m to reflect latest rumours. I also ended up removing the PCSL, as it was impossible to produce in any detail given its status as an amateur league.

The Canadian Pyramid Mod adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 18, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, and Canada third and fourth divisions (L1O, PLSQ, PCSL). 

Other features:
-Players currently on trial at Cavalry FC, FC Edmonton, and HFX Wanderers are signed to non-contract deals at their respective teams - as per 'prospect' friendly rosters
-A couple standout players from the CanPL Got Game Open Trials have also been made available as free agents
-Full rosters for all Canadian USL, PDL, L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 600 new players!
-Staff for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ teams
-All Canadians playing in the American system, down to PDL
-Potential Ability for key players in L1O and PLSQ informed by scouting data provided by prominent Canadian data analyst Aaron Nielsen 
-Full rosters for TFC, Whitecaps, and Montreal Impact academies
-Canadian media sources and prominent soccer journalists
-Over 100 Canadian university coaches and physios to increase available staff
-Added missing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL stadia

CPL: Pacific FC, FC Edmonton, Cavalry FC, Valour FC, Forge FC, York 9 FC, HFX Wanderers FC - winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Voyageurs Cup: CPL teams, MLS teams (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver), USL team (Ottawa), PLSQ champion, and L1O champion. Winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Lower Divisions: League1 Ontario, Premier League Soccer Quebec

-Concacaf Champion's League approximates the real set-up, but I had to simplify things after having trouble getting the Caribbean Cup and "CONCACAF League" (not to be confused with CCL) to work. Instead, top Caribbean teams and two of the lower ranked Central American teams will play in the first round before the bigger nations enter. It also unfortunately, messes up Mexican CCL qualifications. As a stop-gap, only the champions and runners-up of the Closing Tournament qualify, with the other two being randomly drawn.
-Credit also goes to canucksabroad.ca for player information

As for future Canadian Pyramid and Football Manager do you plan to add any teams or leagues from  Alberta, the Prairies and Maritimes to the existing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL??  (for 2019 or 2020 and beyond)

18 minutes ago, Impactsupporter said:

As for future Canadian Pyramid and Football Manager do you plan to add any teams or leagues from  Alberta, the Prairies and Maritimes to the existing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL??  (for 2019 or 2020 and beyond)

Well, tbh, I even removed PCSL from the last version of the mod - since I realized I couldn't reproduce it in any quality, with so little details available re: players etc. and how they don't seem meaningfully included in the actual pyramid (e.g. no inclusion in Voyageur's Cup). The Albertan, Prairies, and Maritime leagues even further below PCSL - but if there's a lot of demand, I'll see what I can do for 2019.

PCSL (used to?) sends a team to the BC Cup. So any pathway to the V-Cup might eventually come through winning that and then the Challenge Cup, that is if V-Cup ever lets in the national amateur champion.

PCSL teams usually winter in a local men's league like VMSL, VISL, FVSL. The closest FM analogy would be Brazil's state leagues which run as a "secondary division" with their own separate pro/rel structure.

Obviously the winter schedule makes it a no-go for including them in a Canadian database, much like trying to include the USSDA in the US.

Great work mate.

Archived