MLS Players Ratify CBA- full details released

baulderdash77

I didn't see it here but I read their press release.  For some reason I can't post links on this site but the MLS players ratified their contract and released all the details.

Salary Cap- $3.49 million in 2015, increasing 5% per year to $4.29 million in 2019.

Maximum Salary & DP Salary Charge- $436,250

Allocation Money- $250k per year in 2015 rising to $350k in 2019 to buy down contracts and transfers including $100k of Targeted Allocation money that can only be used to buy down salary over the maximum non DP amount.

Free Agency- 28 years old & 8 years experience can sign with any team with modest raises

Minimum Salary for Senior roster players- $60k in 2015 rising to $70.25k in 2019

Minimum Salary for roster spots 24 - 30 - $50k in 2015 rising to $56k in 2019 plus a $750/game bonus for each appearance

All contracts guaranteed if 24 years old with 1 year of service if on opening day roster and options are limited to 3 years on new contracts

I like the minimum salaries. Those are realistic and still a living wage for most markets. The free agency at 28+8 is a good start. I can see both going down in future negotiations. The max/DP base salary going up to 436k is nice to see. That will mean more DPs coming to the league. Buy one down and get him below the limit and sign one for a million+.

I like the minimum salaries. Those are realistic and still a living wage for most markets. The free agency at 28+8 is a good start. I can see both going down in future negotiations. The max/DP base salary going up to 436k is nice to see. That will mean more DPs coming to the league. Buy one down and get him below the limit and sign one for a million+.

Wouldn't that mean less DP's coming to the league?

I think it means more decent players for teams who don't go to buy multiple DP's. The Impact doesn't have a DP this year if the numbers are correct becasue Piatti's making less than the 436K and was on a free. (Actually Ciman's making more )

LA has Gonzalez bought down, but they'll be screwed next year. That's what is said about their DP moves. They'll probably have to trade Gonzalez next year, you'll probably be able to have a guy who makes 500K as a 4th higest salary after your 3 DP's, but you won't see teams with 4 millionaires for more than one year.

Archived