Stade Saputo or Olympic Stadium April 29th

When it was announced that the final would be played at the Olympic Stadium I wasn't pleased.

Here are some of my reasons 

1) crappy field, sound system is from the 1920's, staff are useless.

2) Ultras are less effective as they hardly can be heard in most of the stadium

3) giving up the advantage of playing in cold weather.  average high is 16 degrees low of 4 degrees

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/CYUL/2014/4/12/MonthlyCalendar.html?req_city=Montreal&req_state=&req_statename=Quebec&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=71627&MR=1

4) Intimidation factor which is much more effective at Saputo.

I would like to know how this was decided. Was it Saputo or CONCACAF?  Klopas seem to indicate on Extra Time radio he prefers Saputo.

Most of the fair weather fans will probably never show up at Saputo so marketing is a fail.

I would like to know how this was decided. Was it Saputo or CONCACAF?  Klopas seem to indicate on Extra Time radio he prefers Saputo.

It's Joey. They'll get 50K+ people. If the Impact ever hosts the MLS final, the game would be  played at Olympic Stadium. It's all about the $$$

I don't think you can play to crowds of 40,000 in the knockout phases and the final comes and suddenly you're going to go "Only 20,000 sorry guys" for the final?  That's just unrealistic.  You're getting a ton of press and bandwagon fans by going to the Olympic Stadium, if fans can't get into Saputo I can't see thousands of people cramming into bars to watch the match as they would for the Habs. 

Archived