Surprisingly low number of likes

Admin

While the images are sort of weird.... I got tired of FB rejecting anything with the WC logo, our logo (too many words) or anything with words in it.   So I picked a burning windmill and kiwis in a blender.

I think I posted a vomiting cat once that got more likes and shares than the WWC stuff.

It's kind of disturbing.

I'll try to re-write blurbs... but the number of people that clicked through is astonishingly low.

Tried boosting the posts and advertising with FB just to see how it worked. Seems like horseshit to me.  Supposed reach was in the tens of thousands, and the traffic on this site went down.

Any thoughts on getting message out there?

I joined all the events and shared all the events but didn't bother to "like" the event as I kind of assumed that part was obvious. Am I now doomed to the social media wall of shame?? :(

No, that's not my intention.  I hate Facebook..... it can burn and die tomorrow for all I care.

It just seems like a surprising lack of enthusiasm or support for something so big. 

It is disappointing, but not surprising.  Since I moved to Winnipeg in November, I talk constantly about my excitement for the World Cup this summer and most people look at me with blank stares.  I am shocked at the number of people that have no idea that there is a World Cup this summer and that they are living in a host city. I suspect the situation is the same in Montreal and Edmonton.

I used to work for a prominent business school and we had a lot of success with Facebook advertising when the ads were linked specifically to my boss's profile --he had a lot of connected 'friends'.  It might help if we could get some Edmonton & Montreal businesses or media to share the link. 

Archived