Hume leaving Preston

nolando

I know blackpool wrote in Perfomance related pay clauses into their contracts. that way they steadied the ship when they went down.

If hume was a big earner in the Championship, without such a clause, then Jambo Al's numbers would seem about right.

Again, what's hume's status as a DP if he playes for an MLS Canadian side?

Again, what's hume's status as a DP if he playes for an MLS Canadian side?

DP status is based on a players salary, not on their nationality. If he was making over $US 335K then the club would have to either use allocation money to get him below the threshold or slap a DP status on him.

If he moves, I hope he goes to Huddersfield. They're a sleeping giant in League 1 and they're poised to fight for promotion this year. Also, they're my team in Europe.

That'd mean I'd have to get a new Town jersey with Hume on the back to go with my Jimmy Brennan one (one month loan from Nottm Forest; look it up)

Guest Brethers
If he moves, I hope he goes to Huddersfield. They're a sleeping giant in League 1 and they're poised to fight for promotion this year. Also, they're my team in Europe.

That'd mean I'd have to get a new Town jersey with Hume on the back to go with my Jimmy Brennan one (one month loan from Nottm Forest; look it up)

Out of curiosity, why Huddersfield? That would be a good move for him, should be in the Championship next year. If Jordan Rhodes leaves them, I can see Huddersfield calling on Hume as a replacement

But many contracts have a clause if we drop your salary wiull drop as well....

Well I think you're looking in the wrong place.. for Hume's salary you should be looking at average Championship salary as it's safe to say he isn't an average League 1 player and his club isn't an average League 1 club

http://www.tribalfootball.com/average-premiership-salary-now-%C2%A311m-year-892241#

£275,000 according to that.. which is roughly $426 030 USD, I think it's safe to say he is around that and probably even higher. He was after all Barnsley's record transfer signing.

But many contracts have a clause if we drop your salary wiull drop as well....

Only if that is negotiated into the contract and the two parties are willing. A minority might have that but most clubs believe they will never go down. As an extreme example, players at Man City likely don't have that type of clause in their contract in case they get relegated to the Championship yet it wasn't that long ago when they were in League 1 themselves.

Only if that is negotiated into the contract and the two parties are willing. A minority might have that but most clubs believe they will never go down. As an extreme example, players at Man City likely don't have that type of clause in their contract in case they get relegated to the Championship yet it wasn't that long ago when they were in League 1 themselves.

Not to mention the best players on relegation bound teams usually put in transfer requests and get scooped up by others in the Division. I doubt a player like Hume would willingly take a significant pay cut just to stay with the team. Based on the average salary of a Championship player, Hume being a proven 10-12 goal scorer in the League and having a good last half of the season eliminating any doubts as to his return from the Assualt Causing Bodily Harm, I dont doubt Hume making 6000 pounds per week is right (it is right where a player of his stature and position should be in the Championship) and that PNE is now having second thoughts about paying those wages in League 1.

Exhibit A:- Leeds United.

Exhibit B:- Portsmouth.

Archived