Saiko goal

James

This goal needs to be seen. It at around the 2 minute mark.

http://www.fcedmonton.com/video/2011-08-28/FCE%20vs%20PRI%20Highlights

Puerto Rico are a very, very strong team. They could have beaten FCE by 3 or 4. FCE midfield didn't exist. A few decent performances from the usual group(Hamilton, Saiko and a nice start from Duberry). Baart made some great saves to keep us in the game but a huge blunder at the end that cost us the point.

Montreal however should get to play a second string squad on their visit when they go. They play them the day after most of the PR squad play in the WCQ against Canada. If Puerto Rico is ever going to lose, Montreal has the best opportunity.

Sick. Hope Hart has had chats with Saiko about playing at a higher level and perhaps one day being in the picture, cause he looks as promising as any other young Canadian midfielder not named Joseph Di Chiara, cerianly in the same ballpark as Gage and Teibert, etc.

Montreal however should get to play a second string squad on their visit when they go. They play them the day after most of the PR squad play in the WCQ against Canada. If Puerto Rico is ever going to lose, Montreal has the best opportunity.

Before you make a statement like that maybe you should research how many Puerto Rican national team members are on the team and how many actually played against FCE.

Before you make a statement like that maybe you should research how many Puerto Rican national team members are on the team and how many actually played against FCE.

I thought there were something like 7 Islanders who were named to the national team. I remember reading it someplace(maybe here?). They have a few other interantionals too, right? Fana(their top scorer-Dom. Republic)? Richardson(Guyana)? Telesford(T&T)? Maybe they haven't all been called... I assumed given the teams quality, many of them might have been called up for duty on the 6th. Perhaps they didnt all play against FCE but I did see Fana out there and Delgado and Martinez. I would have bet that the Islanders were gonna be without at least 4 or 5 key players. Maybe I'm wrong.

Good luck to the Impact anyway. Like I said, if anyone can beat the Islanders right now, I'd say Montreal has the best chance. They are playing really well. The two Minnesota victories were timely and impressive.

I thought there were something like 7 Islanders who were named to the national team. I remember reading it someplace(maybe here?). They have a few other interantionals too, right? Fana(their top scorer-Dom. Republic)? Richardson(Guyana)? Telesford(T&T)? Maybe they haven't all been called... I assumed given the teams quality, many of them might have been called up for duty on the 6th. Perhaps they didnt all play against FCE but I did see Fana out there and Delgado and Martinez. I would have bet that the Islanders were gonna be without at least 4 or 5 key players. Maybe I'm wrong.

Good luck to the Impact anyway. Like I said, if anyone can beat the Islanders right now, I'd say Montreal has the best chance. They are playing really well. The two Minnesota victories were timely and impressive.

They have 7 Puerto Rican players but only two really play very much, Martinez who is a regular starter and Delgado who has started about half of their games. They were also the only two Puerto Ricans who saw the field against FCE. A third player, Josh Hansen, who is an American who has been naturalized to play for the Puerto Rican national team is an occassional sub. The other 4 Puerto Ricans have played 101, 74, 5 and 0 minutes this year and make up 4 of the 5 least played players on the team. The other one in the 5 least played players is Richardson who may have been called for Guyana but is also no loss. Telesford has not played for T and T for several years and has not been called for these matches. One would imagine that Fana would be called for Dominican Republic so he would be a loss but the bulk of the team is made up of Americans supplemented by a couple of Brits and some other CONCACAF players not good enough to play for their respective teams. So basically they will lose two to three starters to WCQ and some other players who hardly ever play anyway. Obviously it will help the Impact but it will be pretty far from a 2nd string team that they are facing.

BTW it was a nice goal by Saiko. Dreadful play by Baart on the winning goal. He has been terrible all year. When is Monsalve going to get a chance?

From what I can tell they have recently been calling up 6 Islanders to the National team, which is how many Islanders there are who are Puerto Rican according to wikipedia. I don't know much about how many of them other than Velez and Delgado are starters but even if jsut those two, good opportunity for the Impact who will be missing exactly zero players to international duty.

EDIT: simulpost

From what I can tell they have recently been calling up 6 Islanders to the National team, which is how many Islanders there are who are Puerto Rican according to wikipedia. I don't know much about how many of them other than Velez and Delgado are starters but even if jsut those two, good opportunity for the Impact who will be missing exactly zero players to international duty.

EDIT: simulpost

^ Velez has only played 5 minutes this year. Not sure if he has injuries or is out of form (not that his form was ever that great to begin with).

I guess we'll see who gets called from the Islanders. I'm betting at the very least they lose three or four key guys including their top scorer, best midfielder and arguably their best fullbacks. FCE will hopefully step up some and soften them up for you. After our last match with them, we'll probably make them feel like Barcelona and they'll go into the Impact game thinking everyone plays like U12 girls.

Archived