MLS 2011 Season Prediction

Derosario

This was definitely a challenge which took me quite some time but a hell of a lot of fun. I'm going to review this at the end of the season to see how close I was. If you have your own predictions feel free to share. On my blog instead of listing the entire summary on the one post I broke them up into individual posts with links which I think is easier to navigate. You can click on each one of the teams to get my individual team prediction as well. You can see the Toronto FC fan in me by the awarding of 5th spot, wink wink nudge nudge.

http://tfcblogger.blogspot.com/2011/03/mls-2011-season-prediction.html

1. New York Red Bulls

2. Real Salt Lake

3. Los Angeles Galaxy

4. Seattle Sounders FC

5. Toronto FC

6. FC Dallas

7. DC United

8. Sporting KC

9. San Jose Earthquakes

10. Houston Dynamo

11. New England Revolution

12. Philadelphia Union

13. Vancouver Whitecaps

14. Columbus Crew

15. Colorado Rapids

16. Chicago Fire

17. Chivas USA

18. Portland Timbers

This was definitely a challenge which took me quite some time but a hell of a lot of fun. I'm going to review this at the end of the season to see how close I was. If you have your own predictions feel free to share. On my blog instead of listing the entire summary on the one post I broke them up into individual posts with links which I think is easier to navigate. You can click on each one of the teams to get my individual team prediction as well. You can see the Toronto FC fan in me by the awarding of 5th spot, wink wink nudge nudge.

1. New York Red Bulls

2. Real Salt Lake

3. Los Angeles Galaxy

4. Seattle Sounders FC

5. Toronto FC

6. FC Dallas

7. DC United

8. Sporting KC

9. San Jose Earthquakes

10. Houston Dynamo

12. Philadelphia Union

13. Vancouver Whitecaps

14. Columbus Crew

15. Colorado Rapids

16. Chicago Fire

17. Chivas USA

18. Portland Timbers

I guess southern Ontario truly is the land of delusion, eh? :D

1. New York Red Bulls

2. Real Salt Lake

3. Los Angeles Galaxy

4. Seattle Sounders FC

5. Toronto FC

6. FC Dallas

7. DC United

8. Sporting KC

9. San Jose Earthquakes

10. Houston Dynamo

12. Philadelphia Union

13. Vancouver Whitecaps

14. Columbus Crew

15. Colorado Rapids

16. Chicago Fire

17. Chivas USA

18. Portland Timbers

Thanks for putting your neck on the line. I'm curious to know why you rate the Rapids so poorly, and DC so highly?

With so many teams strengthening their squads this year I have not seen Colorado do the same. It is always tough winning the MLS Cup one season then coming back strong on the next and to be honest I think Colorado had a measure of luck last year and they will get found out this year.

The addition of Charlie Davies at DC this year to me fills in the missinng piece. Watching them vs Toronto in the preseason i really like the way they pass the ball. Joseph Ngwenya together with Charlie will score a lot of goals. Besides this DC just seem like a team on the upswing in MLS.

Colorado made their big moves down the stretch last year in getting Brian Mullan and Mac Kandji. Sanna Nyassi who can be hit and miss is still very young and when he's on is good down the wing. If Jamie Smith stays healthy Colorado is near the top. Not to mention Cummings didn't transfer so Colorado are keeping 30 goals between him and Casey. That alone IMO keeps them near the top half.

I have no idea how TFC gets in 5th you are a generous man! Considering I count nine teams you've placed below them who aren't rebuilding or that have better rosters in place at this stage I really can only see TFC better than Chivas, New England, San Jose and possibly DC.

With so many teams strengthening their squads this year I have not seen Colorado do the same. It is always tough winning the MLS Cup one season then coming back strong on the next and to be honest I think Colorado had a measure of luck last year and they will get found out this year.

The addition of Charlie Davies at DC this year to me fills in the missinng piece. Watching them vs Toronto in the preseason i really like the way they pass the ball. Joseph Ngwenya together with Charlie will score a lot of goals. Besides this DC just seem like a team on the upswing in MLS.

Thanks for providing that information. I have watched as many TFC games as I could in the past several seasons, but have not followed the whole league the way I am starting to do so now that the Whitecaps are at that level. I'm sure within a few years I'll know the MLS like I currently know the CFL. Cheers.

Havoc88, your probably right about me being too generous with tfc and 5th spot. However, MLS is all about peaking near the end of the season and I see them doing just that this year with a slow start.

Seathanaich, no problem, these are just my thoughts and it will be fun to check my predictions part way and at the end ofthe season.

Chears!

TFC_Blogger

1. LA Galaxy

2. NYRB

3. RSL

4. Colorado

5. SKC

6. FCD

7. San Jose

8. TFC

9. Vancouver

10. Columbus

11. Portland

12. Philly

13. Houston

14. Revs

15. Chicago

16. DCU

17. Seattle

18. Chivas USA

MLS Supporter's Shield is obviously LA. They will also win the MLS Cup. Arena won't fail AIG again - I say if they don't win it Arena gets the boot.

I know the feeling an it's fantastic, I was at the first TorontoFC home game with my son. Enjoy every minute of it.

I took my two eldest boys. It was more than I hoped for. I've loved the club since the 70s, but didn't expect to love the current team as much as I did. If I don't have an emotional attachment I can't really get "into" spectator sport, and they delivered 100% yesterday. Amazing game. Cheers.

Archived