Montreal vs Miami

Juby

Djekanovic Pizzolitto Aaboubou De Roux Billy Testo Di Lorenzo (I'm missing someone, I'll figure it out soon) Donatelli Byers Brown

Apparently it's sold out but due to crappy weather it doesn't look full, game hasn't started yet though and it's testo's 100th start

edit: I believe it's gatti.

Placentino, Soares, Braz and Jordan all not starting, I saw Placentino there though, maybe the sqaud's got an injury or two but looks like dos santos wanted to shake things up. They were talking alot about jordan but I couldn't understand so I figure he's either injured or maybe being punished for the carolina game.

goal, miami, 9th minute, ball rolls out of the box after a corner, running defender drills it back in, takes a deflection and it goes in.

PENALTY, MONTREAL, 21:40, Byers went down a bit, maybe a little light in the box, Donatelli, puts it left, the keeper gets perfectly in front of it, somehow it still bounces in, 1-1

now seems a good time as any to give a small report for the the first half of the first half. at first Miami was playing really well, Montreal was playing decent but maybe a little sloppy out of the gate. Miami scored and then Montreal really picked it up and started to play some strong football. Early Montreal was weak in the final third but they created alot of serious chances after about the 15thish. Billy's sent some good crosses in, Dontelli has been pretty creative (successfully creative to, not just good ideas). De roux and di lorenzo have also been playing pretty well. just as I'm posting this, djekanovic makes a good save on a free kick in the 28th minute

half time, things slowed down a bit, montreal remained the stronger team till maybe the 35th, then things evened up, Di lorenzo and de roux are clearly montreal's most consistent option in advancing the ball, however de roux isn't the best defender and neither seem paticularly good at finishing (that said, de roux is no longer playing 'pretty well' he had a 5-10 minute stretch where he gave the ball away like 5 times but he seemed to get it together before the half ended)

edit: half time, I think I heard gervais say he was cheering for ?espanol? at the world cup so I think I heard that well enough but I must be confused about something (cause that would mean he's 'cheering for spainish' not spain. Anyway, very funny joke, Placentino says he's cheering for england but he couldn't exactly keep a straight face, I thought it was funny even if he's serious.

Braz is in, I'm not sure for who though, I'd think they just moved blilly up to midfield and took out gatti or testo, I'll confirm it when I'm sure, I actually think De roux came out and they moved billy over to Lb

Pastel's getting ready, gatti goes

edit: 60th, Free kick, di lorenzo hits it slowly but accurately to the corner, keeper saves it, placentino replaces byers, I won't be able to give perfect detail this half because I have company so hopefully somone else can summarize, from what I've seen so far, the game play has gone down a bit (not a huge amount or nothing) montreal seems like the slightly better team but no ones stringing play together like they were in the first half on either team. 65th djekanovic almost makes a costly error.

68th, Donatelli shoots, must do better with chances.

Placentino makes a lot more with a lot less right after, good shot saved.

72nd, Agourram in, Brown out, Donatelli misses a good set piece from billy

74th Agourram earns himself some space but sends it high

yes, check the edits, I'll try and finish the game by editing this post and not putting 10 straight post down

79th, I missed something around montreals net, it came to nothing apparently though.

80:48 Placentino manages to get a tricky ball on target, saved

at this point the weather is improving but fatigue is growing, the gameplay is still kinda disjointed. as I typed that montreal strung a good set of passes together, PLACENTINO AGAIN, diving header, heading between the keeps legs but he kicks it clear.

Placentino is looking gassed, to his credit he ran his ass off but he hadn't even played a full 30 minutes yet.

96th, damnit, freekick miami, about 3(4?) meters away from the middle of the box, nothing. Good game, I'd say Montreal was the better team even though they scored on a penalty, placentino, in 30 minutes was probably MOTM. donatelli got it though. Miami's pretty good for a team with no fans.

The poor turnout was far more due to the Tour de L'Isle than to the poor weather as I was myself among the no doubt thousands that could not find a way to get over the barricades along Rene-Levesque to get Northwards, or were stuck in the huge traffic jam of people trying to come down the other way along Sherbrooke. I tried everything between Dixon and University then gave up and went to watch it on TV. They seriously need to not book it on the same day next year.

Patrice Bernier visited section 114 today in the pouring rain to hang out with UM for the first half and intermission before joining his father in the North side for the second half. He was a really cool guy and very interesting to talk with. I will try and arrange an interview with him for our website.

Wasn't very impressed by the Impact's play today. Very uninspired and despite being slightly superior to Miami also could have easily lost this game if a few bounces had gone differently. Donatelli's penalty shot was placed very poorly and we were very lucky it still managed to go in the net, luckily he at least shot it hard. Geoff Gamble was the ref and he is the same one that reffed the VCup game in Vancouver. Despite the fact he awarded us a penalty I have to say he is completely incompetent as a ref and should not be reffing professional games.

For those not aware, the Tour de L'Isle is a bike race and as Keano mentioned they managed to block off many roads in Montreal making it very difficult to travel by car in the city today and many people had problems getting to the game. With the weather it was obvious that the crowd would be small but that made matters even worse.

You know what I knew about the guy since I've became a canadian soccer fan, which is maybe early 2008, and I kept reading about him but I think I saw only 1 picture of his face... And today I saw a black guy I had never seen before a couple of seats away from me and I couldn't even tell it was him... So f*****g disappointed! I'd love to be at the interview Grizz, if it's possible, just to meet the guy, won't steal anything from you

You know what I knew about the guy since I've became a canadian soccer fan, which is maybe early 2008, and I kept reading about him but I think I saw only 1 picture of his face... And today I saw a black guy I had never seen before a couple of seats away from me and I couldn't even tell it was him... So f*****g disappointed! I'd love to be at the interview Grizz, if it's possible, just to meet the guy, won't steal anything from you

I imagine we will do the interview by phone or e-mail but if it is in person I will let you know.

Archived