TFC Striker and Defender Tandems Starting to Shine Bright

powerof11

Yeah, these 4 have been good but there is very little depth behind them (sorry to state the obvious) which has me worried. Also, although Adrian mentions "Dan and Maxi" as solid on the outside, I remain unconvinced - although I think Gargan is a good depth player. Up front, Behind OBW & Chad, Ibbe is nowhere to be found and wasn't even invited to the US U20 camp. They could move DeRo up and use Gala up front I suppose.

Biggest concern is at laft and right back. Stalteri & Ledgerwood anyone?

^Gargan is try-hard guy who's very limited. He doesn't have the wheels in defending 1 v 1 and his offensive skills are inconsistent. Usanov's decent offensively but I'm not sold on his defensive qualities. I don't rate the Latvian guy at all. He or Gargan needs LaBrocca to provide him with support defensively

A good acid test will be this Saturday. They'll have flown directly to LA from Toronto and have a couple of days to settle and prep. And it wasn't like this last match was that testing, so there shouldn't be any excuses for any of the defenders or other players in general.

Archived