La Liga Tickets

Obinna

I will be going to marabella in May and am looking for tickets to the Real Madrid -vs- Malaga game but I really have no idea how to go about getting tickets or how expensive they may be. I know this game is last of the season on the 16th @ Malaga. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers,

Obinna

Last season I went to the Bernabeu. Just bought the tickets straight from the Real Madrid website (about 2 weeks before the match). Then, on the day of the match I used my credit card and went to a ticket machine outside the Bernabeu which printed my tickets. It was a very smooth process.

So I'd start with the Malaga team website.

You may find it more difficult in Málaga, the online purchasing is not as clear. I find it odd, as some local ATM must work, but I can't find it. Sorry to be negative but it is is the case, meaning possibly lining up in front of a wicket, reliable but time consuming.

Any online sales of tickets you see now, by unofficial sources, is not on the up and up, there is no way they could have those tix available now. Prices as you can see online range from 25 to 80 euros, but for Madrid they'll jack them up, especially if Málaga is playing for something too.

In any case, remember that the ticket will not be available until at most about 10 days before, and maybe even less, due to scheduling. If RM, three pts off the lead, and Málaga, three above relegation, go into fixure 38 with a chance for something, they'll have to schedule their match to coincide with others to be played last day at the same time. The usual thing to do is to play all matches with something meaningful on the line on the Sunday, the 16th, and all others on Saturday the 15th. That may not be clear until after the previous fixtures on the 9th.

Can't for the life of me figure out why folks go to Marbella, all their politicians are on trial, one of the most corrupt cities in Spain.

Thanks for the information unamed trialist. You were right, I did have trouble buying tickets from the malaga online site for that date, guess they are not decided yet as you said.

I'm actually leaving on the 9th to go there so I guess I will start looking after that fixture date for tickets mabye the schedule will be out then. Strange I never knew they rearranged their schedule like that, very interesting.

Also I am not that up on marbella and never heard anything regarding the curruption. I plan on exploring as much of the andalucia region as I can in my two weeks, possibly even going beyond that, any must see places you can think of off hand?

Marbella is the most corrupt municipality in Spain, all former politicians are either in prison, on parole or on trial. Shouldn't affect you, but you'll see some ostentatious money there. The kind you make from graft or arms smuggling.

Visiting Andalusia from Marbella. The coast is nice, and even better as you get into the province of Granada east, rent a car. You are then close to the Alpujarras, the south side of the Sierra Nevada, with great Andalusian towns. So I recommend up the coast from Marbella and inland into the mountains and over to Granada. This is the best option for typical landscapes and away from cities and the coast.

You have to book a time in advance to visit La Alhambra, you can do it on this site when you know when you'll be there: http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/Como-visitar-la-Alhambra/8+M5d637b1e38d/0/?&cHash=e96dd36b39

For the Granada outing you could spend a night away from your base, go back late the 2nd day, by the faster route on the other side of the Sierra Nevada. Find a 3 star hotel or something modest in Albaracín.

Second best little outing would be to go to Ronda, very close, a day trip from Marbella. Charming town, a canyon cuts it in half, beautiful old bull ring.

Then I would simply recommend visiting two other cities, day trips or longer.

Cordoba, not to miss the Mosque and in fact the whole old town is marvellous, one of my favourite cities in Spain and some of the nicest people too. If you have a car, go up to the Sierra de Córdoba (towards Cabra and Priego).

And Sevilla, a great city. It is okay to do the typical tourist sites, as they are nice and worth it (Alhambra in Granada, Mosque in Córdoba, Alcázar, Cathedral in Sevilla), then just wander, drink and eat.

I highly recommend respecting Spanish eating times, long lunch and no earlier than 2 PM, to stay out of the heat, and eat more economically with the "menu del día". Have dinner late too, then enjoy the cooler evening temperatures after dinner.

If you are into nightlife you have it at your doorstep in Marbella, but be ready for steep prices everywhere for clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived