Ali Gerba unemployed

It was a buyout, so I imagine he's free to sign wherever. I don't imagine too many MLS teams are super high on him right now anyways. If he were to land in Montreal or Vancouver they're different leagues anyways so TFC wouldn't be able to do anything unless there was a clause in the buyout saying he couldn't sign for a Canadian team until a certain date.

If TFC were smart, they'd have added such a clause preventing him from hurting the team in the NCC this season. But then again MoJo has proven time and again he isn't smart.

Call me crazy, but i could actually see Ali potting 4 or 5 goals over the course of a 30-game MLS season as a teams 3rd striker (using a 2 striker formation). I'd pay 100K for that type of production. Of course he's seemingly got all kinds of baggage so you'd have to sign him to a 1 year deal before he gets all lazy on you...

All this makes me wonder whatever happened to Oliver Occean?

In Norway with Lillestrøm; currently not among the coach's favoured 11. Last season was spoiled by a nagging injury; not bad enough to keep him sidelined for long stretches, but enough to reduce his on-filed presence to a shadow of his nasty self.

Regular updates in the "Canadians in Norway" thread.

Having met Ali several times, and having seem him play in all types of different environments...I have to say I am just as puzzled as everybody else.

In interviews, the man seems to be the model of an easy going, but effective, team-mate. I know that he shared a strong chemistry with the rest of the boys during last summer's Gold Cup, often joking it up with De Guzman and co. I directly asked him why he thought that clubs continued to release him despite his goal production, he doesn't seem to have the answer himself.

I wish him all the best. From my personal experience he is a humble, spiritual player...with a refreshing attitude towards his nomadic journey in the game.

Here is an interview that might help paint the picture I am recalling:

http://www.youtube.com/thevoyageurs#p/c/24770B96374848CB/5/0-G1KW51Pko

Archived