CONCACAF 2000 Gold Cup: 10 Years - A Look Back

powerof11

Red Nation is marking the 10th Anniversary of Canada's triumphant, 2000 Gold Cup win.

We've just launched a special feature that recaps the tournament, and will run interviews of particular members of that team.

Today has an overview of the tourney followed by an audio interview with Carlo Corazzin on Thursday.

Please check this thread to see which other members we'll be posting throughout.

http://www.rednationonline.ca/CONCACAF_Gold_Cup_February_2000_10_Years_A_Look_Back_feb_17_10_column.shtml

Great article, and I loved watching that video!

But I couldn't help myself, reading the name Angus Eve, rewatching deVos's far-post header and hearing Dobson say "what a way to start the new century", thinking back to what wasn't :(.

PS: Lenarduzzzzzzzzzzzzzi

Even thinking how poor the WC qualifying went after that ... and the teams we beat, Costa Rica, South Korea, Mexico, T&T all have been able to qualify ...

Another interesting note was in the articles in the Star was a quote from Forrest saying the players should get a piece/bonus of the $150,000 the team gets for winning. Anyone know if that actually happened?

Archived