Ottawa viewing of TFC - Caps game

The usual place i go to watch footy is the Georgetown Pub on Bank near Sunnyside. I've been there as a Voyageur and as an RPB but because of the late start time and it being a "school night", not sure how many will be there.

I went yesterday to TFC's game against Velez...*ahem I mean the Galaxy...

It was great meeting everyone, I was beginning to think that I was the only real TFC fan in this city (We had a pretty much club going when I lived in Guelph)...

Its interesting, I actually went to Georgetown 4 weeks back, found a buncha guys from a 40+ league visiting from Toronto that was at the game watching the TFC game, but nobody from Ottawa.

Very refreshing, I hope to go to more when I can... unfortunately, with the short summers in Ottawa, my schedule tends to be pretty packed.

I went to the Fury Women's game and left with the score 3-1 in favor of the Fury to catch the 2nd half of the TFC game at the Royal Oak on Hunt Club. What a horrible performance by TFC.

Be willing to meet up for future games. Heart and Crown is another place that is usually good for watching soccer.

The Georgetown became (not sure how, maybe because it's fairly central) the TFC HQ for viewing matches. I think it started out as a Red Patch Boys haunt although all are welcome to join in. Unfortunately, I can't be there this weekend but you should find a few hearty souls if you pop in..

quote:Originally posted by MM2

I went to the Fury Women's game and left with the score 3-1 in favor of the Fury to catch the 2nd half of the TFC game at the Royal Oak on Hunt Club. What a horrible performance by TFC.

Be willing to meet up for future games. Heart and Crown is another place that is usually good for watching soccer.

Yeah, their was at least 6 of us (previously strangers) that met at Georgetown this past Sat... First time I went, I was the only Ottawa local supporting TFC (the rest were from Toronto visiting)...

But I think Georgetown has become our default meeting location.

I live in Somerset\Kent, so its like a 25 min walk for me, its great! (Plus its near Lansdown, site of a possible USL franchise :P)

quote:Originally posted by JamboAl

^ Nice to meet up with you on Sat. Hopefully, we'll have more to cheer about soon.

mulliganl: you live in Sandy Hill? Where are you? I'm on Somerset St East.

Your on Somerset East??... I live at the corner of Somerset\Kent

So I'm guessing your closer to Elgin?

cheers!

quote:Originally posted by ottawaguy2009

Any footie fans in Ottawa want to meet up to watch this game?

There's a few good sports bars around town. Let me know.

soccerobsess "at" hotmail "dot" com

Ottawa TFC Fans - Will be at Georgetown Pub for Red Bulls game tonight, anybody interested, 8PM @ Georgetown for kick-off (On Bank and Sunnyside)

Archived