Atlante F.C. vs. Santos Laguna 2nd leg

quote:Originally posted by TFC07

Wow, people are still watching this tournament?

Yes, why not? It is a good tournament with some good football being played. Some of the UM members have been getting together at our downtown bar (Frappe live at 10 pm if anyone is interested in coming: http://www.barstlaurentfrappe.com/contact.htm) to watch the Santos games and we will be doing so again tonight.

I expect Santos to win this tonight, of the two teams they looked far more threatening offensively against Montreal.

On a side note, I have really enjoyed this tournamnet. Its given me the opportunity to watch CONCACAF soccer without having to try and understand spanish.

A dodgy penalty (ie. dive) in extra time gave Atlante the victory but the defender did make contact and if you make contact in the box you know the striker will dive so I can't feel that sorry for them. I think Santos was the strongest team we played in the tournament and the strongest team in the semifinals but they were not well coached by Guzman and his replacement Sergio Bueno has a very mediocre record and is far below the type of manager Santos needs and can afford. We watched the game tonight with a Santos fan and he also could not understand why they hired Bueno. Santos is a bit like Canada, a team performing below what they should be partly because they do not have a good manager.

Archived