Ronaldo uninjured ... (edited to end the yelling)

marcl_19

MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo escaped injury Thursday after crashing his sports car on the way to training.

The Portugal winger's Ferrari hit a roadside barrier in a two-lane tunnel near Manchester Airport at 10:20 a.m. local time, writing off the vehicle, police said.

At the scene, the 23-year-old European player of the year gave a negative breath test to officers, who said inquiries are ongoing to determine the cause of the crash.

"He's fine and is training as normal with the team this morning," Manchester United said.

Photographs showed the front of the red car completely crushed after absorbing the impact of the crash. Metal debris, including the front left wheel, was scattered across the road.

No other vehicles were involved, although United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar was travelling behind Ronaldo in a Bentley at the time.

"The Ferrari went straight into the wall, his front left hand wheel came off and then Ronaldo got out of the car," witness Jody Lomax told the BBC. "He was all right, he was walking - he was a bit shaken."

Ronaldo came off the bench Wednesday night in a 1-0 loss at Derby County in the first leg of the Carling Cup semifinals.

haha yea i realized after the caps werent neccesarry but i was lazy and just copy and pasted from tsn...really not the most important news just something that i noticed i guess....another dumb rich young guy prolly driving way too fast and studpid seeing as how it was only him

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

THANK GOD! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT HIM. HE PROLLY SAW AN ENGLISHMAN GET TOO CLOSE AND HIT THE DECKS.

I find this funny. He gets into a bad car accident but he seems to get out fine with no injuries and gets to practice the next day, YET on the field, if you look in his direction he falls to the ground as if he were shot.

Well as you know he never could take corners properly.......apparently the car behind lightly touched the rear bumber of Ronaldo's car which then flipped over 10 times as though it had been hit by a freight train...as he fell out of the car he rolled over in agony and seeing the attending cop stanading there rolling his eyes, Ronaldo stood up brushed himself off and winked at the cop.

No sympathy on here then??

Archived