U17 CAN v. Denmark [R]

Vic

Vic,

Get you facts straight. There are TWO 1993's on the team. 6 1992's and the rest 1991's. 4 of the 1992 are starters and the 1993 has played in this tournament. Also all of you think you could of done better with the limited resources that are provided for this U17 team. You are delusional. OF the Teams remaining Canada by far has the least budget of any of these teams by many millions of dollars. Again Go CANADA we are proud of you. Do you not think that the U17 Canada team did not know the score of the New Zealand game when they were playing Denmark. Do you not think they would of adjusted their game if NEW Zealand was not winning or tied. the score was 1-0 2-0 1-1 and 3-1 throughout the game. If you watched the game you would of seen that a penalty shot wa denied the Canadian team by the ref. during the Denamark game. Many of these players could of played for the U20 team and if they wish in the future will play for the Canadian Women's team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by basics

Vic,

Get you facts straight. There are TWO 1993's on the team. 6 1992's and the rest 1991's. 4 of the 1992 are starters and the 1993 has played in this tournament. Also all of you think you could of done better with the limited resources that are provided for this U17 team. You are delusional. OF the Teams remaining Canada by far has the least budget of any of these teams by many millions of dollars. Again Go CANADA we are proud of you. Do you not think that the U17 Canada staff did not know the score of the New Zealand game when they were playing Denmark. Do you not think they would of adjusted their game if NEW Zealand was not winning or tied. the score was 1-0 2-0 2-1 and 3-1 throughout the game. All New Zealand had to do was TIE the game for Canada to go thought they did not have to win the game. If you watched the game you would of seen that a penalty shot wa denied the Canadian team by the ref. during the Denamark game. Many of these players could of played for the U20 team and if they wish in the future will play for the Canadian Women's team.

A lot of them have, but the Germany game will go a long way to answering that. If you take all the individual prowess' of the teams we just played and merge them into one, you have the Germans. And not only will they expose weaknesses where the others failed, they will give us very few looks in their end. If you can put in a good 90 against a team like that, you're well on your way to a lot of recognition.

You obviously did not watch the Germany Korea game.. Korea should of won easily. Rosenfeld has never lost to the U17 Germany national team coach before. Look at the facts. TRhey have played international against Germany and he has beat them in the past. I am sure he will have a good game plan as he has had. You cannot score the goals for the players you can only give them the tools to do the best they can.

You obviously did not watch the Germany Korea game.. Korea should of won easily. Rosenfeld has never lost to the U17 Germany national team coach before. Look at the facts. He has coached teams that have played international against Germany and he has beat them in the past. I am sure he will have a good game plan as he has had. You cannot score the goals for the players you can only give them the tools to do the best they can.

Wow. Get your facts straight? Because there is one missed 93? Does that have something to do with what I was saying and context it was used in?

quote:You are delusional. OF the Teams remaining Canada by far has the least budget of any of these teams by many millions of dollars.

No one has any idea what the budgets of any of these countries are. And I doubt Denmark and South Korea even spend a million on their senior teams.

quote:You obviously did not watch the Germany Korea game.. Korea should of won easily.

The Germans were through and played their bench and their players who hadn't put in any time yet.

I'm warning you, get a better attitude or I'll return the favour.

leafdolfan,

Leave it to you to be negative. The players do read this forum so try to be a bit more positive. You are talking about 14, 15 16 and 17 year olds. I am sure you were perfect when you were their age. GO CANADA we are so proud of you. You are one of the BEST eight teams in the World at U17! You did what it took to make it to the FINAL EIGHT! No one can take that away from you.

I was just pointing something out. I don't disagree with the fact that the girls should be proud and should play a good game against Germany. If you read my whole post you would have also seen that I said - it's the results that really matter.

The whole offense vs defence is a silly discussion. Both! Firing on both cylinders is the best. Failing that having even one element of the game go your way can cause a world of hurt to your opponents plans.

#1) A hot goalie

#2) Defence plays like they are possessed

#3) The whole team controls the time of possession.

#4) Your attacks score on a high percentage of opportunities.

Any one of these can do wonders and often one area coming through inspires others. Germany are a great team but any team can be beat. To defeat Germany we will need to do at least 3 of the 4.

GO RED!!!

Archived