It looks bad for the possibility to use the Big O

We all seen it first hand. Threw the WCQ or just during the CONCACAF champions league. The mexican side will have lots of supporter you know it, i know it and the people on this forum knows it. So hopefully Montrealers will buy tickets and come supporter the Impact. Allez les BOYS!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't see the Santos fans being much of a threat as they'll all be simply "Mexican fans" just as the ones we saw vs Atlante. Sure they'll make noise but beyond the inevitable "Mexico, Mexico" scream they won't be a disturbance and will be hardly heard from compared to the numbers there'll be in support for Montreal.

UPDATE</u>

http://www.corussports.com/impact/service_incendies_fait_patienter-20081219-1333493.html

The announcement will probably be made next week as the MTL FD still hasn't give the RIO (stadium authorities) their report about the roof safety. When it's done, only then the RIO could decide whether or not they should authorize the game to be played at the Big O.

And seriously, kudos to CKAC & the Corus Sports network. It looks like they're the only media that actually cares about the situation and gives us hints of what's happening behind closed doors.

EDIT</u>

Sorry mtl-supporter23, I didn't read the new thread you started so my post looks a little redundant. It always happens to me :D. Looks like I've got a bad habit...

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

I honestly don't see the Santos fans being much of a threat as they'll all be simply "Mexican fans" just as the ones we saw vs Atlante. Sure they'll make noise but beyond the inevitable "Mexico, Mexico" scream they won't be a disturbance and will be hardly heard from compared to the numbers there'll be in support for Montreal.

The casual Mexican fans at the Atlante match actually seemed mildly surprised at our size and vocality and sort of seemed to defer after a while, at least the ones near us, seemed to realize we actually cared what happened in the match and they didn't. They were really quite quiet.

Who gives two sh*tes what the "supporting Santos just to support a Mexican side" fans will think! Support is all for one's self and hopefully to have an impact (a master of puns!) on the team, not to make an attempt at appearing legitimate to a bunch of 1st gen Canadian Mexicans (of which all of them probably will be). The real feat would be to get some of the lackluster Mexican fans to support the Impact, however improbably that would be.

Archived