It looks bad for the possibility to use the Big O

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Maybe mid-december.

But I'm not sure.

The elections here don't help, all the decision-makers are busy campaigning.

I doubt the election is having much effect on things. Most of the decisions of this kind are made more by mid to high level bureaucrats not politicians. A call or two from the Minister of Sports would not hurt but would also not take much time or effort. Most of the negotiations that should be occuring now are between the club, the Olympic Park administration, the engineering firm that is supposed to declare the structure safe and the fire department who at the moment consider it unsafe for winter events.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I doubt the election is having much effect on things. Most of the decisions of this kind are made more by mid to high level bureaucrats not politicians. A call or two from the Minister of Sports would not hurt but would also not take much time or effort. Most of the negotiations that should be occuring now are between the club, the Olympic Park administration, the engineering firm that is supposed to declare the structure safe and the fire department who at the moment consider it unsafe for winter events.

So .. if you have 2009 summer season tickets.. will you get a pre sale for the Big O ?

Having sprung to stand next summer would love option to pre buy tickets for Champions League and to know where to stand in the Big O.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

So .. if you have 2009 summer season tickets.. will you get a pre sale for the Big O ?

Having sprung to stand next summer would love option to pre buy tickets for Champions League and to know where to stand in the Big O.

I think we will probably have a pre-sale for the supporter's section whether you are a season ticket holder or not. I haven't talked to the club much about this and probably won't until Olympic Stadium is confirmed as the venue. I imagine season ticket holder would also get a pre-sale. Once the venue is chosen and I have info about this I will post it here. Did you buy season tickets for 114 next year Trillium?

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Just out of curiosity, who are the main guys that run the Ultras? Any of them on this board?

Daniel, Mpenza and myself plus a few other guys who don't post here. Daniel is one of the founders and the only founder who is still very active with the group. Mpenza runs the website and a lot of other things. I am in charge of relations with the club. We don't have any official leader or president.

I think we will probably have a pre-sale for the supporter's section whether you are a season ticket holder or not. I haven't talked to the club much about this and probably won't until Olympic Stadium is confirmed as the venue. I imagine season ticket holder would also get a pre-sale. Once the venue is chosen and I have info about this I will post it here. Did you buy season tickets for 114 next year Trillium?

I have confirmation from the club there will be a pre-sale both for the Ultras and season ticket holders as long as the game is held in Olympic Stadium. No news to report about the venue but the club feels very optimistic that it will be in Olympic Stadium.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

You've got a few more on the forum, but the three Grizz has named are the most visible here.

Thank God for you three. Every time I visit Montreal for footie

has been a pleasure because of your organizing skills.

(I hope to attend the CCL match at the Big O. !)

yes I did I know i cant use them all .. for every game but there is always some deserving person who would enjoy the game..I am kinda of two minds to grab second ticket in 114..

Daniel, Mpenza and myself plus a few other guys who don't post here. Daniel is one of the founders and the only founder who is still very active with the group. Mpenza runs the website and a lot of other things. I am in charge of relations with the club. We don't have any official leader or president.

So your anarchos, meaning "without a leader, head or chief ?

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

So your anarchos, meaning "without a leader, head or chief ?

Yeah, pretty much. I think it works out well, although naturally like in all groups, you get your differing camps but it really doesn't do any harm, and pun intended, it doesn't have a big, impact.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news !!!

According to CKAC Sports, an announcement regarding the Big O problem will be made tomorrow, whether it's good news or not.

http://www.corussports.com/impact/impact_stade_annonce-20081218-1331153.html

Here's how it goes:

Richard Legendre seems to be pretty optimistic about this one but doesn't want to rush the RIO and the MTL FD, so tickets won't be available to buy before Jan. 5, the date the team's office will reopen after chistmas holidays.

The game is scheduled for Feb. 24, but will be played the day after in case of a snow storm hours before the game in order to allow a group of people to shovel the snow out of the roof.

Unofficially, ticket prices will range between 10$ and 20$ for the upper deck and up to 50$ for the bowl. They look to draw a bigger crowd that pays less rather than a small one with boosted prices. This way, they're confident to draw between 20K and 25K. They also look to attract many Mexicans to the Big O from QC & ON, and NE as well. Hope it won't bite them back like the infamous MNT game vs. Honduras.

Good news !!!

According to CKAC Sports, an announcement regarding the Big O problem will be made tomorrow, whether it's good news or not.

http://www.corussports.com/impact/impact_stade_annonce-20081218-1331153.html

Here's how it goes:

Richard Legendre seems to be pretty optimistic about this one but doesn't want to rush the RIO and the MTL FD, so tickets won't be available to buy before Jan. 5, the date the team's office will reopen after chistmas holidays.

The game is scheduled for Feb. 24, but will be played the day after in case of a snow storm hours before the game in order to allow a group of people to shovel the snow out of the roof.

Unofficially, ticket prices will range between 10$ and 20$ for the upper deck and up to 50$ for the bowl. They look to draw a bigger crowd that pays less rather than a small one with boosted prices. This way, they're confident to draw between 20K and 25K. They also look to attract many Mexicans to the Big O from QC & ON, and NE as well. Hope it won't bite them back like the infamous MNT game vs. Honduras.

Wow... hope it is good news for the Big O. The 24th means I only have to bump back my departure date to the morning of the 24th, which is no biggie.

As for drawing the Mexican fan base, I doubt they will be able to draw anywhere near the numbers they speculate they could. This isn't international play, it's just another Mexican club team.

^ I agree with you about mexican people showing up for this one. I just don't see why a Mexican dude from Hamilton or Hartford will spend time and $$$ to see a mexican side with no real tradition (they look like the Florida Panthers of the Primera División de México all proportions kept) battle a USL side in just a QF game of a Mickey Mouse Champions League (compared to every other one). And right in the middle of the f*cking Montreal winter on top of that !!!

The more I think about it, the more I ask myself why I even mention this could haunt them come kickoff time.

Thank you Tuscan for bringing me back to reason :D. Man, I just came up short of losing my mind. ;)

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Keano

If I was living in France would I go see an exhibition hockey game between the Columbus Blue Jackets and Davos HC in Switzerland in the middle of a snowy winter?

Hell, I was even musing about what it would mean to go see the Impact in pre-season in Florence (it is a bit much though for a short weekend I think).

Most Mexicans will probably be saving up for the Hex though, when do they play the States in the US then?

quote:Originally posted by Keano

If I was living in France would I go see an exhibition hockey game between the Columbus Blue Jackets and Davos HC in Switzerland in the middle of a snowy winter?

I would. I had friends in London who went to the Victoria Cup in Switzerland. My friends and I were considering going to the Spengler Cup this year. But then again I've been told that I am a fool ;)

Archived