It looks bad for the possibility to use the Big O

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

Yeah the first one was some randum cheap turf that looks like field turf from Australia but it wasnt fifa approved so then they had to buy the real stuff thats made in MONTREAL!!! FIELD TURF!

But who knows if the RIO sold one of the 2 turfs or if the Field Turf was just a rental?

RIO never owned the turf.

The first one that wasn't FIFA approved was the property of the FSQ, I believe. Second one (fieldturf) I'm not sure.

Surely they will have the same turf put in that TFC plays on. In a way perhaps it will be to Montreal's advantage to be playing on the turf. They will get to practice on it before hand and get used to how the ball reacts to it. All in all, everything is going Montreal's way, hopefully they can make good use of it and get to the semi's.

I'm hoping they draw Marathon, but at the same time, I'd love to see them play Pumas as well. Hopefully Saprissa can at least draw Marathon to give Cruz Azul the boot.

I just received a reply from the Impact office about the date and venue for the Feb match. It looks like they still have yet to actually come to an agreement on where the game will be played. Even though it will probably be the Big O, their management is not willing to say that yet. Mariette Denis (not sure what her position with the Impact is) replied to me saying that they expect an answer for the public by the beginning of December, probably a day or two after the Dec. 2nd quarter final draw. Hopefully WestJet doesn't have their 50% seat sale for Feb. before then...

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

I just received a reply from the Impact office about the date and venue for the Feb match. It looks like they still have yet to actually come to an agreement on where the game will be played. Even though it will probably be the Big O, their management is not willing to say that yet. Mariette Denis (not sure what her position with the Impact is) replied to me saying that they expect an answer for the public by the beginning of December, probably a day or two after the Dec. 2nd quarter final draw. Hopefully WestJet doesn't have their 50% seat sale for Feb. before then...

Thanks for the info. Let's hope for the best and a very full, very big house in Feb. I think the draw is Dec. 10th, no?

Yeah the draw is Dec. 10th. Must have read it wrong on the CONCACRAP website. We all have faults, and unfortunately, reading that date wrong is mine. Otherwise, perfection! :D

Geez, with the draw date on Dec. 10, surely WestJet will have had it's 50% off sale prior to that date... Any speculation if the Impact will know what date their home leg match will be on prior to the 10th? I will be very disappointed if the cost of a plane ticket is what keeps me away from attending this game.

Yeah the draw is Dec. 10th. Must have read it wrong on the CONCACRAP website. We all have faults, and unfortunately, reading that date wrong is mine. Otherwise, perfection! :D

Geez, with the draw date on Dec. 10, surely WestJet will have had it's 50% off sale prior to that date... Any speculation if the Impact will know what date their home leg match will be on prior to the 10th? I will be very disappointed if the cost of a plane ticket is what keeps me away from attending this game.

I doubt they will know much before the draw what exact date they will play the game because it will probably be around that time when they find out if they can use Olympic stadium or not.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

^Since at least the spring Westjet seems to perpetually have a seat sale. One ends and a few days later a new one begins. Some are better than others, but if you go to book and they don't have a seat sale wait a day or two and they will have a new one.

Sorry to digress, but I couldn't resists. I do not ever view them as seat sales. Well let me clarify, I see the term "seat sale" as a marketing slogan. Airlines have a inventory of seats available and they set their pricing based demand and sales such that, when there are lots of seats available on a plane for a certain flight, you will find the cheapest price and they will call it a seat sale. As the bookings increase and the inventory deminishes the price will escalate. To the point whereby the last available seats will be available at an exhorbitant price so that the true profit margin to the airline is derived from these last bookings at these exhorbitant prices. Since typically last minutes bookings are Business travellers who are charging the expense account, the price elasticity for these clients will be far less than for the average Joe paying out of his own pockets. Hence the airline makes its money from this small group of people.

Another thing, there is no difference between the approach that West Jet uses and any other airline in Canada. The competiters use the identical approach so there is no price advantage to the consumer in choosing one competitor or another. The only exception being some who presents themselves as premium service brand such as is the case with a carried who operates out of the islands and services the North east.

So if you are looking or shopping on price, it doesnt make sence to just focus on one competitor. Unless you are loyal to that brand and willing to pay a premium.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program. :D

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

The other night in an interview on CTV, Nich DeSantis said that they still haven't received permission to play in Olympic Stadium but that he couldn't imagine them playing anywhere else.

Yeah, and I also heard Richard Legendre say the same at least a couple of times, and Joey Saputo as well. It looks like they're working REALLY hard for this to happen, but still the deal has yet to come. :(

Would it not be realistic for them to change out the football turf that is lined for turf that is lined for soccer?

You have to have that soccer surface. If not, then you're looking at $600k-$800k to purchase one. Painting the football surface might be a more feasible option. I also believe the FSQ has a surface for rent.

With what has happend in recent days with Montreal's MLS bid, I honestly think this will hurt their crowd come the QF. I could have honestly seen 35,000+ at this game with Montreal's excitement of a MLS team in the near future. But with Garbers recent announcements I'm honestly wondering how Montrealers will respond to this.

How much has the story of Montreal's apparent drop out of the MLS expansion been publicized in Montreal? Would more than just those who have been following the recent developments even realize that Montreal has been vying for MLS expansion? I guess another important thing to consider is whether it is realistic to expect a 35,000+ crowd to show for the QF match in the first place.

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

With what has happend in recent days with Montreal's MLS bid, I honestly think this will hurt their crowd come the QF. I could have honestly seen 35,000+ at this game with Montreal's excitement of a MLS team in the near future. But with Garbers recent announcements I'm honestly wondering how Montrealers will respond to this.

I don't think it will hurt the crowd much for a one time event like this. Additionally if we play a Mexican team there will be a lot of Mexicans and Marathon would get a fair number of Hondurans. What the MLS decision may hurt more is season ticket sales.

There will be a definate effect on season ticket sales and its too bad seeing that the team is handled and managed better than most MLS franchises. But the public wants a brand name, and the USL doesn't get the people out of their seats exactly.

Hopefully it doesn't take a hit on season ticket sales and given the fact the Impact's recent success ticket sales will go up.

HERE'S HOPING!!

Archived