Portlands MLS Bid

piltdownman

The location in downtown Portland is great.

the Timber supporters are fantastic. The city has a history supporting soccer.

I'd like to see them renovate the stadium. I don't care if they join MLS. Portland is a model franchise for USL and it would be sad for the league to lose another top club.

I'm interested in them joining MLS so the Cascadia Cup can resume with the Caps holding it until then. After Van & Mtl get in of course.

It makes me wonder if MLS will do something sane and allow 3 in instead of 2 in 2011? "We had so many quality bids we couldn't just take 2" type of hype. MLS wants something to happen in the northwest so Seattle is a success. Nothing like an established 3 way rivalry to boost sales.

I'm interested in them joining MLS so the Cascadia Cup can resume with the Caps holding it until then. After Van & Mtl get in of course.

It makes me wonder if MLS will do something sane and allow 3 in instead of 2 in 2011? "We had so many quality bids we couldn't just take 2" type of hype. MLS wants something to happen in the northwest so Seattle is a success. Nothing like an established 3 way rivalry to boost sales.

Archived