Mckenna

lbrown

Is there something with McKenna and Mitchell? He hasn't played more than 15 minutes during Mitchell's tenure, he didn't dress last night (look at the CSA fixture report) yet Ed says he is starting against Bayern Munich this weekend. He was Captain before Stalteri last summer, now he can't even dress?

quote:Originally posted by ken

Is there something with McKenna and Mitchell? He hasn't played more than 15 minutes during Mitchell's tenure, he didn't dress last night (look at the CSA fixture report) yet Ed says he is starting against Bayern Munich this weekend. He was Captain before Stalteri last summer, now he can't even dress?

He played a pretty poor 90 min, just like most of his teamates, in South Africa.

I would've like to see a bit more of him but I guess his absence from the June roster didn't help him getting into the first 11.

Hastings has been unable able to impress me with a repeat of the form he displayed during the latter stages of last year's Gold Cup. I can't see his on the deck defending being that significant an upgrade on McKenna's and certainly his aerial defending (and attacking) isn't in the Koln man's calibre. So I'm guessing that there's more to it then just form and ability issues.

Archived