Olgier's trip to Montreal

Olgier

Here we go. I had to calm down before writting this. Sorry for the bad english...

The Goods:

The Voyageurs : Awesome people. Youre the best and an example for all the canadian soccer fans. The march was awesome. Grats to Grizzly and Daniel for the organisation. Too much fun in the metro. Big props to all the V's who came from outside Montreal.

Two thumbs up also for all the people who were making effort to speak with me in french. Very appreciated.

Two thumbs up also for the guys buying my tickets. Your were patient and it all went done very well finally.

The Bads:

The result : Everything was said about it.

The fans : What a shame! When i entered our section, i yelled : Tabarnack!!! Are we in Montreal or what? I must say that Montreal people and people from Quebec r not ready for this kind of happening. But ill have to say that the lack of publicity and media coverage is a bit responsible for that. Wow, i cant imagine what it would be if the V's didnt show up.

The 12 feet flag poles : Geez!!! Had problem with it at the Peel Pub, at the Stadium and with the cops when i took back the metro after the game. But it was all worth it just for the march.

The Honduras fans : Shame on you CSA and Saputo Stadium. No more tickets for the away supporters please. You screw it big time!

It reminds me when i was in Belgium in 2001. I was a foreign student and i decide to go see a WCQ game between Belgium and Czech Republic at Brussels. Well i had to buy the ticket directly at the stadium and i had to show my passport and 2 identify cards to buy the ticket. After that, they gave me 2 options for tickets, just to be sure that one, i was not an hooligan and second i was not cheering for the Czechs. Why cant we do the same thing here?

See you soon.

quote:Originally posted by Olgier

It reminds me when i was in Belgium in 2001. I was a foreign student and i decide to go see a WCQ game between Belgium and Czech Republic at Brussels. Well i had to buy the ticket directly at the stadium and i had to show my passport and 2 identify cards to buy the ticket. After that, they gave me 2 options for tickets, just to be sure that one, i was not an hooligan and second i was not cheering for the Czechs. Why cant we do the same thing here?

See you soon.

Here here. I agree that something along those lines is needed here. If ticket distribution is left up to independent middlemen with no vested interest in ensuring support in one way or another, what happened on Saturday, will continue to happen.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

Well thanks for hooking Keegan and I up with the tix. It was nice meeting yah and so many other people on Saturday.

Ya have to agree with this one. :D

I like that Belgium idea but I'm afraid North America is way too tight ass and wouldn't allow such a thing. Unless they played it off as a "safety concern".

Archived