Canada v. Argentina: Aug 6, 2008 (R)

Vic

When I was coaching females 15-16 year olds on hot days they had something that went through their collar and pulled up their sleeves. Some refs ignored it other's said that the uniforms all had to be the same and one female ref on a particularly hot day asked if she could borrow a pair. I might add the fastener was as dangerous as a "skrunchy".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Vic

I noticed some had their sleeves up but never thought of two different types. Nothing to grab and a lot more comfortable in the heat. Sleeveless should be allowed for women (there should also be a FIFA women's football head/figurehead appointed so things like this get looked after before the next millenium). The Argentinians seemed to all be playing in oversized jerseys and not that I really care but I don't believe a single one had it tucked in. Norway has a shortened-length style like ours, while everyone else other than a few players on Sweden and Nigeria had them tucked in. I guess some teams mandate it (China, North Korea, USA, New Zealand, Japan) while others go with personal preference. Reminds me of the Gretzky half tuck.

slow day :)

I do not see why women should have sleeveless jersies.

Are you also supporting Blatter's old remark on shorter shorts...?

:-)

I think EVERYONE should be allowed to wear them. It's a Hell of a lot more comfortable. You play basketball in an air conditioned gym and it's acceptable but yet outside in African heat and Amazonian humidity you have to wear sleeves.

Some good points here on uni's for certain conditions.

Anyone know if suppliers have ever looked at designs for certain weather conditions like heat & humidity? Seems other sports have designed specific uni's for stable performance in certain enviroments. I'm sure everyone can remember the new NHL design a few years ago.

Weather was stated as "32C heat in 84% humidity at the start of the game and 94% at the end"

Looking at the short jersey one wonders whether Adidas or the team was looking at the benefits in the heat as their uni's get soaked. I hoped there was enough money for the team to get a second uni of each home & away so 2nd half they can put on dry uni's.

Archived