STADE SAPUTO BEHAVIOR

Sam

I really think that with the WCQ match only two weeks away, and the effort being made by many voyageurs leading up to this event we need to make sure we have a good pro-Canada crowd without anything idiotic happening. For those of you that haven't heard about some of the recent disruptions at Stade Saputo visit the thread here:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745

Trident posts a very good explanation about some of the problems the Ultras Montreal have had with security and other features of the stadium. I see where these issues come from and sympathize with the Impact supporters. If it were my club I'd be furious, but I think we all have to realize that the game on the 20th is not Impact related at all. Any tirade against the security or other aspects should be put on hold for this match. We need to make this a game that we will remember for making a pro-Canada atmosphere that helps Canada's product on the field. 114 needs to be focused on what is happening on the field not off of it. And if a security guard asks you to take down a banner or something similar we need to just do as were told. The CSA has finally acknowledged the Voyageurs as a supporter group and we need to make sure they will do so again. So make sure no one gives the Voyageurs and Canadian Soccer Supporters a bad name, and make sure that we bring a class act to Montreal.

Nous chantez les Rouges allez!

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

And if a security guard asks you to take down a banner or something similar we need to just do as were told.

I would suggest that somebody contact Stade Saputo on behalf on the Vs and get the stadium rules in writing. We're Canadians, we don't blindly stand down to Blackshirts. Sounds like there are enough soccer moms at Saputo already.

Find out what the rules are; negotiate if they're unacceptable; meet with security before the match to make sure they understand what's been agreed upon.

I suspect that as long as you don't bring a banner that says 'F*** DALE MITCHELL', you'll be fine. :D

Now I may be a rank outsider as far as the Impact/Saputo situation goes and you're free to tell me I don't understand, but jeebus, what do you expect when you try to fly a banner like that?

Oops, posted a minute late. This is in response to YNWA's post above.

Winnipeg Fury is doing just that. I would suggest you leave those matters in his capable fans and we should be golden for the home game.

quote:Originally posted by Whither Canada

I suspect that as long as you don't bring a banner that says 'F*** DALE MITCHELL', you'll be fine. :D

Now I may be a rank outsider as far as the Impact/Saputo situation goes and you're free to tell me I don't understand, but jeebus, what do you expect when you try to fly a banner like that?

They did ask them to take down a previous banner as well, but I agree it is over the top to put up a banner similar to that one :)

Archived