Soccer suite for Sale on May 11th 2008 - BMO field

<mod>

Uhmm. Mr. Watters, "spam" need to be approved by the website administration before being posted.

But, that being said...SWEET!

Wish I was there

Cheeta

P.S. Moving this topic to MNT forum. Seems more appropriate there.

</mod>

I think that this kind of post should be permitted. To me, spam is selling something that you dont need or seldom need or care about and whose volume constitutes a nuisance. But since this is soccer supporters forum and the item is actually a box of seats, there might be some contributers here who would value having this information or opportunity first hand. Though it was a non issue yesterday, other times tickets are scarse and it would be better that available tickets be offered to real supports ( many of whom are here ) than some other channel ( craiglist, classifieds, etc) where anbody can get them.

I could understand your views if such posts of people selling tickets were rampant. But I dont really see it as problem here. The other forum ( U-sector) has an entire categoery with rules dedicated to selling, exchanging and purchasing of ticket. For many, its a valuable resource.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I think that this kind of post should be permitted. To me, spam is selling something that you dont need or seldom need or care about and whose volume constitutes a nuisance. But since this is soccer supporters forum and the item is actually a box of seats, there might be some contributers here who would value having this information or opportunity first hand. Though it was a non issue yesterday, other times tickets are scarse and it would be better that available tickets be offered to real supports ( many of whom are here ) than some other channel ( craiglist, classifieds, etc) where anbody can get them.

I could understand your views if such posts of people selling tickets were rampant. But I dont really see it as problem here. The other forum ( U-sector) has an entire categoery with rules dedicated to selling, exchanging and purchasing of ticket. For many, its a valuable resource.

Not only do I believe that this sort of thing should be permitted, I think it should be encouraged!

We can probably only pray for the day when NT games are so frequent and in such demand that a permanent ticket exchange forum would be needed for it, but I think that one should be created on this website. It could be used for not only MNT, WNT and U-20 games, but also TFC, Impact, and Whitecaps. Some club supporters groups like U-Sector may have ticket exchanges, but you have to join/belong to the group to use it, and you have to hope that the people you are taking to a game are happy with the mayhem and lousy view of the supporters section, as most of the tickets on those exchanges would be for the supporters' section.

At the very least, there should be an exchange on this website for NT games. If the Voyageurs want the Voyageurs' Cup to be the name and trophy for the new TFC-Impact-Whitecaps CCC-qualifying tournament, then it only makes sense that this website does everything it can to get tickets for these games into the hands of its' members. I know there is already plans to acquire tickets and estabish sections, but since people's lives/plans/schedules can change at the last minute, a ticket exchange is also needed and is vital to maximizing the number of Voyageurs at each of these games.

Since many - if not most - people here also support one of Canada's three pro clubs, including their regular-season game tickets in a Voyageur ticket exchange would also make sense.

Archived