Ex -Italy WNT coach conducting a clinic in T.O.

VPjr

I thought this might be of interest to anyone with a daughter playing high level soccer in Southern Ontario

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release – March 6, 2008

Former Italy women’s coach Carolina Morace to Headline World Class Girls’ Soccer Camp

13-time Italian League Scoring Champion and Assistants to

Hold Clinics at March Break Camp in Toronto

TORONTO – Soccer comes early for young female players across the GTA with former Italy women’s World Cup coach and scoring legend Carolina Morace leading a high performance women’s soccer camp for aspiring professionals indoors at Wild Water Kingdom during March Break.

“The camp will provide girls aspiring towards a future career in soccer with a great opportunity to learn from an accomplished coaching staff of one of the top nations in women’s soccer,” said camp organizer Joe Parolini, the one-time general manager of the NASL’s Toronto Blizzard and a trainer with Canada’s 1986 men’s World Cup team. “Italy’s national team made strides on the world stage under Carolina and she’s come to Canada with her assistants to relay her world-class tactics and systems to our women’s soccer players of the future.”

Morace has a long and distinguished career in international soccer with 12 Italian league titles, 13 league scoring titles and over 500 league goals to her credit. She scored 105 goals for Italy in international play and won FIFA’s award for best women’s player in 1995. On the coaching front, Morace coached national teams at various levels and is the only woman in the world to have professional coaching certification in the first category, achieving the feat in 2004. Morace, who is also a FIFA ambassador for women’s soccer, will be joined by her assistant Elisabetta Bavagnoli and goalkeeper instructor Antonio Belli, who, combined, have extensive playing and coaching experience at the club and national team levels in Europe.

“I’m delighted to be back in Canada to do something I love, and that’s teaching and coaching aspiring young female soccer players,” said Morace, who was at the helm of the national team from 2001 to 2005. “Women’s soccer in Canada is strong, as proven by Canada’s place in the FIFA rankings, and camps such as this will help ensure that women’s soccer continues to grow and Canada remains among the top women’s soccer nations in the world.”

World Class Girls’ Soccer Camp will feature clinics for soccer skills, goalkeeping and coaching along with sessions on tactics and systems. The cost per registrant is C$225, which includes an opportunity for participants to showcase their skills and talents to professional Italian clubs. The camp runs March 10-14 at the Wild Water Kingdom Sportsdome, 7855 Finch Avenue West in northwest Toronto. Further information is available by calling 905 893-0696 or writing to joeparo@rogers.com.

quote:Originally posted by superfan

Could this be our new WNT Coach warming up in the wings?

Lets hope so.

that might be a bit of a stretch....

From what I know about Carolina Morace, Canada would very VERY VERY lucky to have her take the job.

but its not going to happen because she has her own staff that would need to be hired as well and, as we all know, Domenic Maestracci believes Canada has enough trainers and coaches so we don't need to be hiring assistants from other countries....that was the logic with Simoes hiring going sour.

I'm being a bit sarcastic but I just don't see it happening, even though it would be one of the best things that has happened to the WNT in a long time.

I'm going to stop in at this camp tomorrow afternoon to see Ms Morace and her staff doing their thing. I'll be sure to report back.

• 3 months later...

For those of you in the GTA who might be interested, Carolina Morace and her staff of coaches are returning to Ontario to conduct 3 sets of coaching clinics for female players/teams.

The clinics are 1 week long. the 1st session is July 14-18. The 2nd session is July 21-25. Both of these sessions take place at the OSA Soccer Center in Woodbridge, Ontario.

The 3rd clinic is going to take place in early August in Pickering but its already sold out.

If you are interested, please email me and I'll direct you to the people organizing the clinics (I'm just helping spread the word...I'm not involved in this in any other way).

I met Ms. Morace and her coaches when they were in Toronto in March and I was really impressed with them. I'm told that the young ladies who took part in that camp got ALOT out of it.

Archived