Interview with Asmir Begovic

torontofc

Asmir Begovic recently spoke to Come On You Reds about his career overseas, his status with Canada, and the disaster that was the U-20 World Cup this summer. Begovic was a solid goalkeeper for the at the U20's on an otherwise poor team, he is now moving up the depth charts with Portsmouth and should recieve first team action very soon. He is one of Canada's brightest young players.

First of all congrats on being named Canada's under-20 soccer player of the year! What does this award mean to you?

Thanks very much, it means a lot to me, it’s always nice to be recognized for things you are doing, so its definitely a great honour.

Read the rest here:http://comeonyouredstfc.blogspot.com/

Tell me what you think of the interview, Begovic, or any of the topics covered in the interview.

Also, who would you like to see interview next?

Interesting

quote:When you moved to Canada, how long did it take for you to feel truly Canadian? Did you ever have any thoughts of playing for Bosnia instead of Canada internationally?

It didn’t take long to be honest, the Canadian people were very welcoming and I made friends very soon and so did my family so it was easy to settle in quick and feel at home. Well it was an option I had and still have really until I am 21 I believe but I enjoy playing for Canada, hopefully we can keep improving and become a better footballing nation, on the pitch and up with the directors and things as well.

Who is next to express his love to CSA BoD?

Thanks guys! I'm glad you liked this one and the Monsalve one. Hopefully I can bring more for you guys down the road (who would you want to see?). Also thanks to Asmir, David and Todd who all gave very well thought answers.

I found that comment in the CSA interesting as well, I'm happy that he is aware that something is wrong, and will admit it to us. Also what he said on his situation with Canada for the Olympics and the issues with the U20's were very interesting.

As for the white on red... That's the first comment I've had on that, does anyone else feel the same?

quote:Originally posted by torontofc

Thanks guys! I'm glad you liked this one and the Monsalve one. Hopefully I can bring more for you guys down the road (who would you want to see?). Also thanks to Asmir, David and Todd who all gave very well thought answers.

I found that comment in the CSA interesting as well, I'm happy that he is aware that something is wrong, and will admit it to us. Also what he said on his situation with Canada for the Olympics and the issues with the U20's were very interesting.

As for the white on red... That's the first comment I've had on that, does anyone else feel the same?

Yes, got the same feeling about the white on red.

Good interviews though. What did you mean about adversity in Bournemouth?

Keep up the god work!

I'm going to mess around with the colours, and see what is better. Black? maybe, iunno.

As for the adversity at Bournemouth, didn't Begovic win the starting job over the number one keeper but then the club fell badly in the table to the relegation zone or something? I also remember reading a lot of match reports that would mention "mistakes". I could be wrong, but didn't the club eventually decide to go back with their number 1?

If this is not true, then sorry I was mistaken. Won't let it happen again! lol

Great job man, nice to see TFC interviews with a Canadian focus!

Sounds like there were plenty of challenges for him at Bournemouth. Its sounds like he his happy to be working with Portsmouth for the exposure to the better coaching and the chance to slide into a first team match sooner or later.

P.S. I also had problems with the text.

Ok that's good, ya he seemed to not want to get into that too much. I don't blame him though, who really wants to focus on the negatives when there are so many positives going for you?

And thanks Joe, the Todd Dunivant interview is actually very good, he was my favourite out of the bunch so if you are interested in TFC and haven't read it I suggest you do. He gave very good, honest answers.

And I am working with the text, as it seems many people are having problems haha.

Archived