THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Golf003...I made the shirts. email me if you want one (my email is available if you click on my profile).

Squid...i had a funny feeling some of those shirts were going to Board members. i would love you to send one to Linford. If you wish, i don't mind sending him one but I dont have the address.

I will put together a list of players (men and women) that I will send shirts to. I will keep an accounting of all the costs incurred. If people want to help share the burden of the cost of doing this, that will be greatly appreciated. However, my doing this distribution to players is not contingent on getting assistance...It has to be done.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, here is what I have come up with. Mostly from what 'MediaGuy' wrote up and was used for the september 12 match except some modifications saying that we will do this until changes are made in the CSA.

What do you guys think? Suggestions are more than welcome.

Also, VPjr if yo want a hand with something let me know. I'll be glad to help out.

-----

Wear Black to every National Team game

A coalition of Canadian soccer fans is convinced that the future of Canadian soccer is black.

As such, the group is calling on all fans attending national team games to wear black as a symbol of their frustration about the state of Soccer in this country. Fans not attending any specific match, but watching the game at their favourite pub are asked to wear black to show support for this movement.

We believe that without significant changes to the way the sport is administrated in Canada there is little hope that Canada will ever see success at an international level.

Specifically, we are calling for a more professional, efficient and accountable environment at the Canadian Soccer Association, with the express purpose of better cultivating our elite players and national programs. If the current CSA administration is unwilling to change its way of operation, we are asking that it be disbanded by government and replaced with a new organization.

We don't believe Canada's failure to thrive at the sport is a lack of talent problem; we believe it's a CSA problem.

Please join us by wearing black everytime the National Team plays.

The coalition presently heading this movement consists of fans from the Voyageurs, Canada's oldest pro-Canada supporters club, and the two largest Toronto FC supporters clubs, the Red Patch Boys and U-Sectors. About 500 T-shirts have been sold (at $5/each, below cost) to supporters who have already worn them to Canada's last match Wednesday Setempber 12, a friendly in Toronto at the National Soccer Stadium and plan to wear them to every game until steps are taken to set the association in the right direction.

Archived