U20 WC shows problems facing Cda - Canoe.ca

Free kick

quote:Originally posted by Macksam

If we get the Women's World Cup in 2011, Canada should do what Germany did when they won the rights to host the 2006 World Cup. When Germany was preparing for the World Cup, the country ambitiously started a program of new stadium projects to get ready for the tournuement. Hopefully Canada does that for the Women's World Cup as I don't want to see Swangard, the Big O or Commonwealth stadium being used.

I didn't see anything wrong with our stadiums. If theres one that you can quibble about it might be Commonwealth, for no other reason than it it was too big and sparse.

I dont know how one can ever economically justify building new stadiums for the Womens World cup?

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I didn't see anything wrong with our stadiums. If theres one that you can quibble about it might be Commonwealth, for no other reason than it it was too big and sparse.

I dont know how one can ever economically justify building new stadiums for the Womens World cup?

I think FIFA has standards even for the women's game. I don't think a 10 000 stadium capacity is going to cut it.

Archived