Pesch to Luton Town?

Peschfan

Here is the story from BBC

Luton interested in Peschisolido

Luton Town have confirmed they are interested in signing former Derby striker Paul Peschisolido.

The 36-year-old has been released by the newly promoted Premiership outfit.

Peschisolido is an experienced player who has played for Birmingham, West Brom, Fulham and Sheffield United and several other clubs on loan.

Luton's manager Kevin Blackwell says Peschisolido is one of a number of players they are interested in taking to Kenilworth Road.

"Peschisolido would add experience to Luton's squad"

It is understood that Peschisolido has visited Luton's training ground.

Don't do it Paul! It's not worth it!

My wife's from Luton. Sadly I've been many times. A representative of H.M. Customs and Excise once asked me at Heathrow when I told him my destination was Luton, "Why would you want to go there?"

Luton was named the winner (loser) in a British "Crap Towns" contest not too long ago.

But 'The Hatters' rule.

Given that there's just about zero chance of Paul coming back to Canada full-time, any chance we'll see him get a token call-up for the Canada/Costa Rica match in Toronto? I realize that we've got a development process ongoing,that it's important that the players who are playing in WCQ get time together, and that we take a look at whomever we want to look at, but could we give him a token run-out and a chance to be thanked?

quote:Originally posted by marktci

Given that there's just about zero chance of Paul coming back to Canada full-time, any chance we'll see him get a token call-up for the Canada/Costa Rica match in Toronto? I realize that we've got a development process ongoing,that it's important that the players who are playing in WCQ get time together, and that we take a look at whomever we want to look at, but could we give him a token run-out and a chance to be thanked?

I was thinking that since this is the MNT opener at the new National Soccer Stadium, there should be some kind of a pre-kick off ceremony honouring some past MNT players, such:

- Pesch

- deVos

- Corazzin

- Bunbury

- Forrest

- Watson

- Onstad

They should be given something, maybe one of those commemorative paintings. Couldnt cost the CSA that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks liek the move is imminent

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475395&CPID=11&clid=102&lid=5&title=Hatters+to+seal+Pesch+deal&channel=&

Hatters to seal Pesch deal

Luton Town manager Kevin Blackwell has told skysports.com he is hoping to wrap up a deal for Paul Peschisolido within the next 24 hours.

The former Derby County striker is ready to drop into League One to join the Hatters revolution, and Blackwell believes it is simply a case of confirming the final details of the 36-year-old's transfer as another part of his reshaped squad slots into place.

Blackwell said: "It looks as if Paul will be a Luton player very shortly. He is willing to come to the club and take on the responsibilities that we are asking of all of our older players, and that is to kick-start getting us back up to where we should be."

The former Birmingham City and Fulham man looks set to sign a one-year deal at Kenilworth Road; a move that will complete a busy week of transfer activity for Blackwell, who has also picked up QPR striker Paul Furlong and West Bromwich Albion defender Chris Perry.

"People might see a lot of older players coming to the club, but this is the experience that we desperately need since our existing eldest first-team player is only 28," he continued.

"The side that finished last season had eight players under the age of 22, so getting experience in was something I felt I desperately needed to do.

"And I can't help feeling that with more older heads and a bit of know-how in key areas, we might still be in the Championship now.

"In Peschisolido, Perry and Darren Currie we have three guys who played in the Championship play-off final. It doesn't matter how old the players are if they have that calibre to perform, so that's what we're investing in."

And Blackwell confirmed that the club are still on the look-out for new talent having given trials this week to Ipswich's Martin Britton, Watford's Joel Grant and Portsmouth's Daryl Fordyce.

"We've got an open mind to anyone new coming in who can add something to the squad, so we'll probably be making some decisions in that direction over the next week or so."

Archived