U17 Qualification in Honduras

ANC2

World Champions Mexico fail to qualify and worst did not win a game.

Haiti and Honduras were the first to qualify from the region.

This just strengthens my argument about the importance of coaches. Mexico World Champion, same coach, in theory he should be in a position to qualify his team.

I checked the Concacaf site for details. Haiti and Honduras both finished 1-0-2 (W-L-T) to qualify for the U17 WC, with Haiti placing first on goal difference. Mexico came third after tying all three, in spite of getting outshot almost 2:1 vs. Haiti. El Salvador managed to draw Mexico, but lost to the others including a 3-0 drubbing by Haiti.

The young Haitians look good. Another emerging power in Concacaf?

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

I checked the Concacaf site for details. Haiti and Honduras both finished 1-0-2 (W-L-T) to qualify for the U17 WC, with Haiti placing first on goal difference. Mexico came third after tying all three, in spite of getting outshot almost 2:1 vs. Haiti. El Salvador managed to draw Mexico, but lost to the others including a 3-0 drubbing by Haiti.

The young Haitians look good. Another emerging power in Concacaf?

Not an emerging power I dont think. Haiti has been there and always produced good players. Their senior team has in fact qualified for the senior mens WC in 1974. But its pretty well know how poor their social infrastructure is.

Archived