Canadian NT games you've seen in person

jpg75

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Looking at these lists, you realize the importance that the Internet has had for many people's relation with the national team.

The lists are actually pretty short considering how many hard core fans are here. Of course Canada is a big country which makes travel difficult but the main reason that we are not able to attend many games is that the team hardly ever plays in Canada except for WCQ.

My list:

Canada-Belize 2004 Kingston (4-0) WCQ 1st Rd MNT

Canada-Belize 2004 Kingston (4-0) WCQ 1st Rd MNT

Canada-USA 2004 Ottawa (2-1) Women's U19 WCQ

Canada-Jamaica 2006 Montreal (1-0) Friendly MNT

Hey guys, here is the games that I have went to

1999 Pan American Games Semi final- Canada V. Honduras- Winnipeg Aug 1999

1999 Pan American Games Bronze Medal game- Canada V. USA (I remember that game for the pouring rain)

I also volunteered at the Winnipeg Soccer Complex during the Pan American Games, which was the two best weeks I ever had in my life. Nothing could ever come close to it, so far!!

Friendly, May 31 2000- Honduras Vs. Canada, Winnipeg Manitoba

2002 WCQ- Oct 2000- Canada V. Panama, Winnipeg Manitoba

2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup- Canada V. Cuba- Foxbourough Mass. July 10, 2005

I am possibly looking at going to the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup. I would love to see Canada play in Houston as it is a fantastic soccer market, but would live with bussing to anywhere where the other CONCACAF Gold Cup games are being played.

I would also love to see the FIFA World U-20 championship, in possibly Toronto or Montreal or even Edmonton. Not sure yet. Question, does any one know when individual tickets for the World U-20 go on sale?

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

I would also love to see the FIFA World U-20 championship, in possibly Toronto or Montreal or even Edmonton. Not sure yet. Question, does any one know when individual tickets for the World U-20 go on sale?

I bought mine months ago. I have one for the opener in Toronto (which I will know have to sell because I have a wedding to attend on Canada Day elsewhere) and then tickets in Edmonton for the last two games and then the second round games.

I called Ticketmaster which allowed me some seat selection.

cheers,

matthew

Yeah, I bought individual tickets, not the group package.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10095

July 5th and July 8th (or I've bought the wrong tickets!) are Canada's dates, opponent yet to be determined. Think it worked out to about $25 a ticket all said and done.

Didn't buy anything for after that just because there seems to be some question as to where Canada will be playing after the group stages. I've got a van and plenty of gasoline so as long as they play in western Canada I'll be there. Jumping the fence if necessary.

Archived