Lynx Release Players

Steve B

The Lynx just dumped a bunch of guys, from a press release:

Lynx flashes: David Diplacido missed the Lynx match in Puerto Rico on June 18 with an injury….The club has released midfielders Darren Baxter, Huffman Eja-Tabe, Helinho, Clayson and forward Andre…

They always ditch the Brazilians. I don't know why they bother. Only one left now.

Also, I don't think Titus was on the road trip. Anyone have any news on that?

quote:Originally posted by Steve B

The Lynx just dumped a bunch of guys, from a press release:

Lynx flashes: David Diplacido missed the Lynx match in Puerto Rico on June 18 with an injury….The club has released midfielders Darren Baxter, Huffman Eja-Tabe, Helinho, Clayson and forward Andre…

They always ditch the Brazilians. I don't know why they bother. Only one left now.

Also, I don't think Titus was on the road trip. Anyone have any news on that?

Darren Baxter? Wasn't he like the best Lynx player two years ago? Has he been that bad this year? Funny about the Brazilians, I guess they got their two games to show their stuff and then good-bye!

I haven't followed the USL too closely this summer and I know the Lynx only have two points to show for their 10(?) games but can anyone tell me if they are really as bad as that?

I dont get this... but when do i get what the lynx do...

Darren baxter when played this season opened up the lynx team and actually made the team look good. He had lost his spot on the lynx roster due to GORDON CHIN... who has been terrible this season, he loses the ball all the time, and isnt as tough as baxter in the middle... I think duncan has lost it.

What a joke this team is becoming...

near the bottom or the story...

TORONTO LYNX MEDIA RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

‘WAY TO PLAY’ PROGRAM WRAPS UP THIS WEEKEND IN MARKHAM AND THE BEACHES

Dodds, Bernier and Marosszeky named to Teams of the Week

TUESDAY JUNE 6, 2006[TORONTO, ON] On Saturday and Sunday morning, The Toronto Lynx Soccer Club, in partnership with the AIR MILES® Reward Program will stage the fourth and fifth of five AIR MILES "Way to Play" Soccer events in Markham and the Beaches respectively. Saturday’s AIR MILES "Way to Play" Soccer event brings the Toronto Lynx/Lady Lynx players to communities across Toronto for 5 1-day events offering scrimmages, clinics, skills contests, exhibition matches, a Meet-and-Greet with Lynx/Lady Lynx players, autograph/photo sessions, barbecues, an appearance by team mascot Lynxster and a performance by the Lynx dance team.

Saturday’s event will be hosted by the Markham Soccer Club and will take place at Mount Joy Community Centre in Markham kicking off at 10:00 AM. The Toronto Lynx will hold an open training session followed by a soccer skills demonstration and contest with youth players. The afternoon will be capped with an exhibition match against a squad of select players from the Markham Soccer Club followed by a meet and greet with the Lynx players and entertainment by the Toronto Lynx Dance Team. The event is open to all.

Sunday’s event will showcase the Toronto Lady Lynx and will take place at Woodbine Park in the Beaches and will be hosted by Beaches Community Soccer. The event opens at 10:00 with an open practice by the Toronto Lady Lynx players, and will also include skills instruction and contests, a meet and greet with the Lady Lynx players and an all-day barbecue. The highlight of the afternoon will be at 2:00 PM when the Lady Lynx players tackle a mixed team composed of members of Beaches Community Soccer, local politicians and media personalities in an exhibition match. This event is again open to all.

AIR MILES 'Way to Play' Soccer also provides additional support for soccer coaches by producing free coaching materials including "Your Guide to Soccer Coaching with Dick Howard" (DVD), "Your Pocket Guide to Soccer Coaching" (Booklet), a "Way to Play" dry-erase clipboard, sponsor offers for coaches and parents and more!

For more information about AIR MILES 'Way to Play' Soccer visit airmilessoccer.ca

LYNX AND LADY LYNX PLAYERS NAMED TO TEAMS OF THE WEEK

Three Lynx/Lady Lynx players were recognized for their stellar play during last week’s matches. GK Justine Bernier and Catharine Marosszeky were named to the W-League team of the week for their performances in a Lady Lynx win and tie. Bernier recorded her fourth and fifth shutouts of the season in a 4-0 win over Hamilton on Wednesday June 14 and a nil-nil draw with the visiting Laval Comets on Sunday June 18. Marosszeky headed up the impenetrable Lady Lynx defence which has yet to concede a goal in six matches. The Lady Lynx currently sit atop the Northern Division with a 5-0-1 record, good for 16 points.

Jamie Dodds earned his place on the USL First Division Team of the Week by recording his first points of the season earning three points in a 2-2 draw against Miami FC in Miami on Thursday June 15. The veteran midfielder set up Damien Pottinger’s goal to bring the score to 2-1 for the hosts before tying the match shortly after with a skilful unassisted strike of his own.

LYNX OFF TO OTTAWA FOR EXHIBITION MATCH AGAINST PDL’S FURY

The Lynx head to Ottawa on Sunday for an exhibition match against the USL’s Premier Development League club the Ottawa Fury. The match is scheduled to kick off at 3:30 PM at Keith Harris Stadium in Ottawa. The match is part of the Lynx’ mission to develop soccer across the province at all levels. The Fury currently sit in fourth place in the New England Division of the PDL, with a 1-2-2 record after five matches.

Lynx flashes: David Diplacido missed the Lynx match in Puerto Rico on June 18 with an injury….The club has released midfielders Darren Baxter, Huffman Eja-Tabe, Helinho, Clayson and forward Andre…Tony Menezes still is on the injured list with an injury suffered while training with the Men’s National Team earlier in the season.

-30-

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:

ROB IRWIN, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, TORONTO LYNX SOCCER CLUB

416-251-4625 ext. 23

Archived