Canada U20 V Brazil U20 Canada Section

Vancouver Fan

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

So far it is 7 votes for Eastside bleachers on the Southsiders board.

0 for the Grandstand.

Eastside bleachers is like sitting in the executive boxes at a cricket match. Apart from the fact that there are so few rows that any decent cheering section would just thin out along them instead of working as a decent block. But since the Southsiders have to make such an exagerrated effort to distinguish themselves from the other 99% of the fans sitting in the grandstand, they obviously don't mind this contradiction.

The best way to support a team at Swangard is either where Southsiders and others habitually are, behind a goal (where you can't see ****e by the way), or by taking a lower corner of the main grandstand, where you will have a real effect on the atmosphere, may actually get a few people going with you, and will actually be seen as a significant block by the players.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Eastside bleachers is like sitting in the executive boxes at a cricket match. Apart from the fact that there are so few rows that any decent cheering section would just thin out along them instead of working as a decent block. But since the Southsiders have to make such an exagerrated effort to distinguish themselves from the other 99% of the fans sitting in the grandstand, they obviously don't mind this contradiction.

The best way to support a team at Swangard is either where Southsiders and others habitually are, behind a goal (where you can't see ****e by the way), or by taking a lower corner of the main grandstand, where you will have a real effect on the atmosphere, may actually get a few people going with you, and will actually be seen as a significant block by the players.

We've tried both sides in the past. The southside is never available for Canada internationals. Grandstand tickets are usually overpriced and keep some from purchasing. Eastside gets us on TV but your right we do get thinned out. A good Canadian turnout would help. We usually get around 30 core guys out. I encourage as many as possible to join us.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

We've tried both sides in the past. The southside is never available for Canada internationals. Grandstand tickets are usually overpriced and keep some from purchasing. Eastside gets us on TV but your right we do get thinned out. A good Canadian turnout would help. We usually get around 30 core guys out. I encourage as many as possible to join us.

Okay, I agree the eastside gets the tv presense. It is a bit absurd it is less costly than grandstand, since the view is excellent, that is why I said it was like elite cricket seating.

It is too bad they don't do a lower priced section on one lower side of the grandstand.

quote:Originally posted by Markus

I would prefer the grandstand but I'm happy sitting anywhere. Those eastside bleachers always seem to be full of away supporters. Maybe things will get a bit rowdy...[:0]

Hey Markus,good to see your still lurking. The thing is we'll have away supporters in every part of the stadium. The eastside is as good as any section and we'd get a better turnout.

Ya, I'm still around, just don't post very often. As I said, I'm happy siting anywhere and if the eastside will attract a better turnout, I'm all for it. Glad to see someone organizing a section for this game. Cheers!

The Whitecaps will sell us group tickets in the Eastside bleachers for $15 each.

Where on the bleachers would everyone prefer to be?The Higher(4 or 5 ) or the lower rows(1 or 2)? Fewer rows wider apart or more rows closer together.

For example:2 rows of 15 or 5 rows of 6?

I can confirm that we will have a Canada supporters section for this match. I have section Q Rows 1 to 5 seats 1 to 10. Out of the 50 available seats 30 have already been spoken for. The cost is only $15.The only extra charge is 2.50 for the entire order which I will pick up.

So, only 20 available for those who want to join us.

Bleacher seats are not covered.

Markus,youlneverwalkalone I've put you down for 1 each.Let me know if you want additional tickets.

Email is nazzc@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Archived