Another one missed by Canada

dalglish07

quote:Originally posted by dalglish07

http://www.soccer.on.ca/OSN.nsf/8ebd6760568c7a4f85256f550018408a/c18a1d2864e3165d852570fa007484f3?OpenDocument

I'm sure Kelly will take a dig at this player instead of giving him credit. If he is good enough for the US ODP All Star team, players from across the country how is he not even good enough for a trial with the National Team?

Further, 2 FC Calgary players were selected to the U-13 boys All Start team at the Super Y Finals in Tampa in November.

http://www.soccer.on.ca/OSN.nsf/8ebd6760568c7a4f85256f550018408a/c18a1d2864e3165d852570fa007484f3?OpenDocument

I'm sure Kelly will take a dig at this player instead of giving him credit. If he is good enough for the US ODP All Star team, players from across the country how is he not even good enough for a trial with the National Team?

Further, 2 FC Calgary players were selected to the U-13 boys All Start team at the Super Y Finals in Tampa in November.

Yes, Orhan Akaaya also made the SYL All Star team at the U17 level.

If there isn't an NTC in your backyard you have no chance of making the National team. Look at the places the World Junior Hockey players are coming from, Sioux Lookout, Ontario; Shippigan NB; Mimico Ontario; Meadow Lake SK.

Big difference with soccer and hockey!

If there isn't an NTC in your backyard you have no chance of making the National team. Look at the places the World Junior Hockey players are coming from, Sioux Lookout, Ontario; Shippigan NB; Mimico Ontario; Meadow Lake SK.

Point taken, but careful with your examples - Mimico is just a neighbourhood of Toronto (in which, coincidentally, my cousin used to play Junior B hockey, but he was never considered for the national junior team ;)). :)

Archived