Ace Ntsoelengoe & the Toronto Blizzard

Luis_Rancagua

Guys, I finally got this email, after writing to the guy nearly 5 weeks ago.

Portrait.jpg

Luis,

Thanx for your email. Sorry that I'm responding so late. I've been caught up with a busy schedule. As per your Toronto Blizzard petition, I've signed it and I'm also giving it my blessings and my full support. The memories of the Blizzard still remain within my heart. I still hold a guilty conscience that we were unable to win those 2 soccer-bowl championships. I just hope that the supporters have forgiven us. Please let me know the outcome, and on my side of the world I will pray for the reinstatement of the Blizzard name.

God bless you... Ace.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Portrait.jpg

Luis,

Thanx for your email. Sorry that I'm responding so late. I've been caught up with a busy schedule. As per your Toronto Blizzard petition, I've signed it and I'm also giving it my blessings and my full support. The memories of the Blizzard still remain within my heart. I still hold a guilty conscience that we were unable to win those 2 soccer-bowl championships. I just hope that the supporters have forgiven us. Please let me know the outcome, and on my side of the world I will pray for the reinstatement of the Blizzard name.

God bless you... Ace.

Very nice.

db

I remember Ace very well at the Blizzard. What I found very interesting at that time is that Ace had a teammate David Byrne. David and Ace were both from South Africa and one was black and the other one was white. I tried to get them to do a story for the media and Ace said no. I never ask David, but I knew that this was no issue between the two, yet South Africa at that time was going through this apartheid process and yet these guys did not want to get involved or expressed their opinion. I thought that we may have a story of getting together and get along stuff. All I know is that they got along very well and this showed me that it will be ok which it was. Thanks Ace for your input.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

I remember Ace very well at the Blizzard. What I found very interesting at that time is that Ace had a teammate David Byrne. David and Ace were both from South Africa and one was black and the other one was white. I tried to get them to do a story for the media and Ace said no. I never ask David, but I knew that this was no issue between the two, yet South Africa at that time was going through this apartheid process and yet these guys did not want to get involved or expressed their opinion. I thought that we may have a story of getting together and get along stuff. All I know is that they got along very well and this showed me that it will be ok which it was. Thanks Ace for your input.

... and don't forget Geoff Wegerle and Neil Robers, both also from South Africa.

... and in previous years there was, as we need no reminding, Jomo Sono plus, for one season, his brother Julius.

... and don't forget Geoff Wegerle and Neil Robers, both also from South Africa.

... and in previous years there was, as we need no reminding, Jomo Sono plus, for one season, his brother Julius.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Portrait.jpg

Luis,

God bless you... Ace.

G-L

Are feeling a little let down cause the man took 5 weeks to get back to you?

I'm thinking his reply was pretty cool. BUT 5 WEEKS to reply to you...not acceptable....don't invite him to the home opener.

:D

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

That should read "Neil Roberts". Quite a good player with a nice touch around goal. Byrne had an amazing season in 1983 scoring not enough goals but sett up Roberts an a regular basis.

Yes there were others but none would match these two.From a publicity stanoint these were the only two to get the attention of the Toronto effen media.I don't remember Rogers doing a story.They would not have known what to do anyway.Probably never crossed their minds.Ace if you reading this you were a class act and you never at any time came out of that coccon, you knew better.I just wanted a good news and I respected your answer.

Yes there were others but none would match these two.From a publicity stanoint these were the only two to get the attention of the Toronto effen media.I don't remember Rogers doing a story.They would not have known what to do anyway.Probably never crossed their minds.Ace if you reading this you were a class act and you never at any time came out of that coccon, you knew better.I just wanted a good news and I respected your answer.

Why do you keep bringing up Rogers in regards to my comments? The NASL folded before I started at Rogers as I've already told you.

Yes, I agree, it was very nice of Ace to reply to Luis.

db

David when I met you Rogers were doing the Bizzard and they were in the CSL,not NASL.You never got involved in the NASL.As a PR guy you and I never had any discussion about any Blizzard special. You came and went. All we did was to get you the line ups and that was it.In fact you never even asked me for the permission to do half time interviews.My contact at Rogers was Steve Spice.I let you guys do your thing and I really did not want to rock the boat but we did not have a good working relationship.You were totally in your own world.

David when I met you Rogers were doing the Bizzard and they were in the CSL,not NASL.You never got involved in the NASL.As a PR guy you and I never had any discussion about any Blizzard special. You came and went. All we did was to get you the line ups and that was it.In fact you never even asked me for the permission to do half time interviews.My contact at Rogers was Steve Spice.I let you guys do your thing and I really did not want to rock the boat but we did not have a good working relationship.You were totally in your own world.

John, just go and have another drink.

db

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

This thread is about Ace thus the NASL yet you turn into one of your litle spiteful attacks on people who didn't do exactly what you wanted them to do.

Blizzard special? Steve did a pro soccer special hosted by Vic Rauter. Is that what you're referring too?

db

Archived