Do Tornto fans owe Keerfoot Saputo any respect.

MLSFAN

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

I respect them for what they have done. But I don't think that Toronto owes them anything, with respect to their claim that MLS shouldn't come to Toronto until Vancouver and Montreal are ready for MLS.

Certianly I respect both Saputo and Kerfoot. They are succesful businessmen, run succesful soccer clubs and one day, with luck, will both be owner/operators of MLS franchises alongside MLSE.

What is not to respect?

db

Guest Jeffery S.

I am happy TO has gotten public money for a stadium, and that the CSA has seen fit to channel their efforts to bring Canada into MLS with Toronto in mind. But there are other individuals they have virtually ignored, who are doing a better job with clubs than anyone else in Canada. They have more experience and more know-how in the game than MLSE has now.

Meaning that maybe those in Toronto should stay humble about the benefits they've received, because they are theirs in the name of all Canadians. It is, in part, all of Canada's gift to Toronto, deserving no doubt. I could go into this deeper, but I am not saying it in a snide way, it is simply the case if you look carefully.

So better than getting uppity I say better off silent and humble about the break that has arrived to Canada's most important city.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I am happy TO has gotten public money for a stadium, and that the CSA has seen fit to channel their efforts to bring Canada into MLS with Toronto in mind. But there are other individuals they have virtually ignored, who are doing a better job with clubs than anyone else in Canada. They have more experience and more know-how in the game than MLSE has now.

Meaning that maybe those in Toronto should stay humble about the benefits they've received, because they are theirs in the name of all Canadians. It is, in part, all of Canada's gift to Toronto, deserving no doubt. I could go into this deeper, but I am not saying it in a snide way, it is simply the case if you look carefully.

So better than getting uppity I say better off silent and humble about the break that has arrived to Canada's most important city.

I find it pretty funny people think we got a gift. Look at the rest of this Country. Who paid for any of the stadiums and facilites they have. Did you hear people in Toronto moan when VCR got 300 Million federal fundsfor 2010 .

All Torotno got was a Stadium that was promised for us getting WYC 2007. FIFA donated 600K plus to help us get this done. Is Toronto the greatest net contributor to federal coffers not allowed to get a little back.

My take on Saputo's and Keerfoot(Duze) comments is sour grapes.

quote:Originally posted by MLSFAN

I find it pretty funny people think we got a gift. Look at the rest of this Country. Who paid for any of the stadiums and facilites they have. Did you hear people in Toronto moan when VCR got 300 Million federal fundsfor 2010 .

All Torotno got was a Stadium that was promised for us getting WYC 2007. FIFA donated 600K plus to help us get this done. Is Toronto the greatest net contributor to federal coffers not allowed to get a little back.

ummm what local ranked dead last last 10 years of pro soccer attendances for Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver?

What of the 3- has the largest metro area and STILL finshed dead last.

Ummm Toronto.

And what Canadian franchise will finish dead last in 2007 in the MLS attendance chart-- were Montreal and Vancouver would be top 4?

Umm the Toronto Aviators.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

ummm what local ranked dead last last 10 years of pro soccer attendances for Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver?

What of the 3- has the largest metro area and STILL finshed dead last.

Ummm Toronto.

And what Canadian franchise will finish dead last in 2007 in the MLS attendance chart-- were Montreal and Vancouver would be top 4?

Umm the Toronto Aviators.

What person is the dumbest fvuk on earth, G-man

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Certianly I respect both Saputo and Kerfoot. They are succesful businessmen, run succesful soccer clubs and one day, with luck, will both be owner/operators of MLS franchises alongside MLSE.

What is not to respect?

db

My sentiments exactly.

quote:Originally posted by MLSFAN

I have to agree with you here. Its only when Toronto gets something that everyone complains. Jeffrey, There is nothing for toronto to be 'humble' about. You will not find Toronto posters insulting other cities and regions or talking down their stadiums. You will however find posters from other reasons doing those very things with regard to Toronto. Toronto posters have every right to defend themselves from unjust attacks.

Archived