MLS Toronto Announcement press coverage thread

Gian-Luca

quote:Originally posted by BHTC Mike

And the G-Man Rogers Centre All-Stars.

Okay, that was unfair... but fun.

Mike.

So what happened when no buyers are found for these teams? an 11 team league? San Jose play in a great stadium that has supported pro soccer for the last 30 years.

I'm hoping that Kansas City moves to fill in the spot left open buy the Thunder in the CPSL.

Then Hamilton will have seen"Professional" soccer with the CPSL and "Major" league stuff with the MLS.

I think a back-up goalie in the AHL makes as much as en entire MLS roster does.

AHL= MLS.

Hamilton can do it.

And by the way- had I won the ig 6/49. I would spent 25 million and bought the 89 built state of the art dome for 25 million and renamed it "the Dale Barnes Dome" tore out 30 seats, tore off the roof (cost 15 million) and then sold it for 60 million to MSLE and the city.

Making a cool profit of 10 million.

As million dollar property experiment has proven anything is possible when the buyers are crackheads. Isn't the new Wembley going to have a recractable roof?

Just having fun.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Not a word in the Star about the awarding of the MLS franchise to Toronto and only a one liner on the MLS cup final.

Can anyone explain this or have some thoughts.

There were several NFL games on. Several NHL games. Some CFL play-off games. Some tennis, some girls jumping on trampolines.

I wonder what the TV ratings for the MLS game in Boston were compared to what the Pats game got?

Just because you call something Major league does it mean that people will buy into it.

Start getting more than 3K per game for a pro team in Toronto and maybe the papers will pick it up.

Reality.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

The Youth academy issue is a huge one for the Whitecaps. They would hate to spend money developing players, only to lose their rights when the Superdraft rolls around.

I notice Atlanta had reps in Frisco exploring expansion.

The parents of SYL players pay for those programs. I doubt if I spent 250 bucks a month with a program like the Ottawa Fury that could claim any developmental money having been spent on my child.

Archived