Impact Shirts

PSG

Having just returned from Montreal, I'd just like to say that the Impact marketing department have obviously done a very good job at getting their merchandise in the city's sports stores. I saw them on shelves in several stores. It's a shame the Lynx and Whitecaps can't do the same in Toronto and Vancouver. Well done Impact!!!!!! :)

Was on Denver (Home of the world famous Rapids) and NYC (home of the world famous MetroStars)recently. Same for Boston and the REVS- who have been made household names by ESPN 3. Not a single MLS item anywhere to be found in any sports shop in any of those cities. However If I wanted I could pick up an Liverpool kit or a Man U hat any form of payment was accepted.

And the last time I was in Arnhem in Holland, could not find one single Vitesse shirt on main street, tons of Ajax stuff however.

The Lun-x's are not alone. You can pick up an major league European kit basically anywhere in the big smoke.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

And the last time I was in Arnhem in Holland, could not find one single Vitesse shirt on main street, tons of Ajax stuff however.

I ran into this in switzerland too. In all the sports stores I could buy England, Holland, Brazil, Juve, AC Milan, Internazionale, Barca and Manchester United shirts, but never found a Swiss national jersey, or any of the local clubs. The only exception was in Basel where you could get 1893 jerseys everywhere even the local co-op (the 7-11 of switzerland). It was the same for hockey too. Which I found even more odd. You could buy a Rangers, Flames or Leafs Jersey but I never saw any local teams. Of course I didn't look too hard for either of these things and never went to any real specalist stores, just general sports stores.

Can you really not buy Lynx stuff in Toronto? Here in Vancouver you can get whitecaps gear at the games and all the soccer stores. Its not in any of the general sports stores though. I hear in Portland it is imposible to get Timbers stuff anywhere, they don't even sell it at the games.

Toronto had some scarf a while back 3 yrs ago I think. They were not of greatest quality. Sean and I were about to order scarves but it never happend maybe its for the best. I have a contact in Poladn as well for scarves but I wanna wait for the colors to be unvailed before I go ahead with supporters scarves but dont worry boyz you will be able to wear a scarf with TORONTO TILL I DIE written on it :) hehehe

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

Toronto had some scarf a while back 3 yrs ago I think. They were not of greatest quality. Sean and I were about to order scarves but it never happend maybe its for the best. I have a contact in Poladn as well for scarves but I wanna wait for the colors to be unvailed before I go ahead with supporters scarves but dont worry boyz you will be able to wear a scarf with TORONTO TILL I DIE written on it :) hehehe

Thats great PLF, I can't wait. I think the least we can do is give the Lynx a really good 'last hurrah' before the big boys arrive and take over the limelight!

The Whitecaps offer club merchandise in the online store part of their website. They also sell it at a booth on the concourse during every game. I don't really know how much of it is available in local retail outlets but there is plenty of evidence of purchasing of clubwear amongst the fans at games.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I ran into this in switzerland too. In all the sports stores I could buy England, Holland, Brazil, Juve, AC Milan, Internazionale, Barca and Manchester United shirts, but never found a Swiss national jersey, or any of the local clubs. The only exception was in Basel where you could get 1893 jerseys everywhere even the local co-op (the 7-11 of switzerland). It was the same for hockey too. Which I found even more odd. You could buy a Rangers, Flames or Leafs Jersey but I never saw any local teams. Of course I didn't look too hard for either of these things and never went to any real specalist stores, just general sports stores.

Can you really not buy Lynx stuff in Toronto? Here in Vancouver you can get whitecaps gear at the games and all the soccer stores. Its not in any of the general sports stores though. I hear in Portland it is imposible to get Timbers stuff anywhere, they don't even sell it at the games.

When I have been to the States, I usually see a secluded rack of MLS gear in the Champs Sports (or equivalent) in a shopping mall. It's not everywhere, but I've seen NE Revolution gear in Missoula, Montana, which is reasonably impressive.

Last spring, I was in the Netherlands and Ajax and national team gear was everywhere in the country, even well outside of Amsterdam. It was not easy to find local kits, but I saw Feyenoord gear in some places and I picked some up in Rotterdam. I was not able to find any Sparta Rotterdam gear despite my efforts. When I was in Volendam I was told the only place in town to buy gear was at the stadium which was closed. In Alkmaar, I was there during the UEFA Cup final 8 time so there was absolutely nothing to be bought. My inquiries drew laughter at sporting goods stores. They suggested I check back in a couple months as they had been sold out since Christmas.

Jason

Archived